What did you pay for your CX-5?

Well since Mazda used to be a part of Ford, I'm assuming they've continued the warranty program for the time being? Not sure exactly.

That was a while ago though. I looked on Fords website regarding the Premium Care and saw no mention of Mazda anywhere. You bought the warranty through a Mazda dealership?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capitol Mazda in San Jose, Ca. Hope you find a good deal!

You paid 88 dollars more than i did but mine is blue. Plus i got tints and cargo tray free. So very comparable.
For touring trim this is good discount. Big difference is i bought before 2017 was released.

You paid 88 dollars more than i did but mine is blue. Plus i got tints and cargo tray free. So very comparable.
For touring trim this is good discount. Big difference is i bought before 2017 was released.

Probably also because the Crystal white paint is $200 extra. Considering your add one it seems like we both got a great deal.

That was a while ago though. I looked on Fords website regarding the Premium Care and saw no mention of Mazda anywhere. You bought the warranty through a Mazda dealership?

Yep it was a Mazda dealership. (Galpin Mazda)

Couple years ago they were offering Zurich as the extended warranty and that company has horrible reviews which is why I was more receptive to this warranty since it was through Ford.

Probably also because the Crystal white paint is $200 extra. Considering your add one it seems like we both got a great deal.

Not to offend you but have you seen the 2017? Man its a home run. Except for wheels and interior looks which are subjective it is a better SUV. Better arm rest, rear AC vents, lower to ground so less wind R and possibly achieves its MPG which 16.5 has trouble achieving, less ground clearance but most of the urban dads who own this don't care, more sound insulation, rigid chassis less vibration, better looking from outside imo.

Right now if I were to buy mine again (I was going from 1 car to 2 car so I had to buy within 2 weeks) - I wouldnt pay more than 23K for my touring with Bose. Or more than 27K for a fully Loaded GT FWD with $350 worth of accessories.
2017 will force many to wait.

Not to offend you but have you seen the 2017? Man its a home run. Except for wheels and interior looks which are subjective it is a better SUV. Better arm rest, rear AC vents, lower to ground so less wind R and possibly achieves its MPG which 16.5 has trouble achieving, less ground clearance but most of the urban dads who own this don't care, more sound insulation, rigid chassis less vibration, better looking from outside imo.

Right now if I were to buy mine again (I was going from 1 car to 2 car so I had to buy within 2 weeks) - I wouldnt pay more than 23K for my touring with Bose. Or more than 27K for a fully Loaded GT FWD with $350 worth of accessories.
2017 will force many to wait.

Oh no you're not being offensive. I definitely love the 2017. I just don't think it will be worth the extra added to the MSRP and the fact that it will be hard to get a discount on one for a while. I'm very happy with the value the 2016.5 brings, and while I agree that the 2017 is all around better, I don't think its worth passing up the discounted price and value i got on the 2016.5. But if you don't mind spending the extra cash id recommend the 2017 over the 2016.5 any day of the week. It really just comes down to value for the dollar spent.

This is the best deal in my area that I'm able to get, after stalling a bit on a first offer:

2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD
iActiveSense + Tech Packages
Soul Red/Black
Cargo Tray, All Weather Floor Mats, Rear Bumper Guard, Roof Rack/Side Rails, Wheel Locks

MSRP: $34,330
Sale Price: $29,990 + TTL
0% APR Financing @ 63 months

As long as I get fair market value for my trade-in, I think I'm going to pull the trigger vs waiting for the 2017. What do you all think? It's roughly 12.5% off MSRP.

This is the best deal in my area that I'm able to get, after stalling a bit on a first offer:

Soul Red/Black
Cargo Tray, All Weather Floor Mats, Rear Bumper Guard, Roof Rack/Side Rails, Wheel Locks

As long as I get fair market value for my trade-in, I think I'm going to pull the trigger vs waiting for the 2017. What do you all think? It's roughly 12.5% off MSRP.

I think it's a good deal. You may be able to squeeze 1-2% more out of them depending on the dealership. Otherwise I think it's a good deal.

Let's see what these other GT owners have to say.

I think it's a good deal. You may be able to squeeze 1-2% more out of them depending on the dealership. Otherwise I think it's a good deal.

Let's see what these other GT owners have to say.

just purchased a gt this week and i 100% agree it's a great deal, paid $500 more here in NY without the all weather mats

I think the bar is 15% now not 13.
To McCrary 12.5 on car is good. Not so much for accessories. Try negotiating it separately. Accessories have a great margin.

Just picked this up yesterday. Actually the wife's car.

Gullo Mazda, Conroe, TX

2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring, Tech package, Soul Red, Window tint by Dealer

MSRP $31,420 (includes added tint)
Sell price $29,291
Total included, TTL, Fees. etc, $31,517

Not the best around, but we're happy. Was better than the COSTCO price from another dealer. The wife picked everything, Loves the Soul Red, but thinks it's a little too orange in bright sun.

I plan to add trailer hitch, door sill and trunk protectors.

Last edited:

Soul Red/Black

Well, went to the dealer today and took it home. Deal was exactly as promised via e-mail, and I got exactly what I was asking for my trade-in

BlD6aOM.jpg

Picking up a white GT today fresh off the transporter......$3900 off sticker of $29870.....13%:)

I hope my wife lets me drive it once in a while........(kissass)

Sam

Hi, brand new member to forum and am one of those infamous VW diesel buyback folks. If I am asking this question incorrectly, please excuse my New Guy ignorance. My Jetta Sportwagen will be bought back on December 27th and I am looking to replace it with a CX-5 GT with the Technology and I-Activsense packages. Live in SE NC and am wondering if any of you have had buying experiences in my neck of the woods, ranging from the SE NC coast to Myrtle Beach to Fayetteville to Raleigh and up to New Bern. Looking for best OTD price of a straight purchase and really curious if any dealer has been close to TrueCar price or better??? Thanks in advance!!

Hi, brand new member to forum and am one of those infamous VW diesel buyback folks. If I am asking this question incorrectly, please excuse my New Guy ignorance. My Jetta Sportwagen will be bought back on December 27th and I am looking to replace it with a CX-5 GT with the Technology and I-Activsense packages. Live in SE NC and am wondering if any of you have had buying experiences in my neck of the woods, ranging from the SE NC coast to Myrtle Beach to Fayetteville to Raleigh and up to New Bern. Looking for best OTD price of a straight purchase and really curious if any dealer has been close to TrueCar price or better??? Thanks in advance!!

There is only one thing that holds true your discount on the MSRP - which you can see on the website @ Mazda USA.
a 10-12% discount is doable. If you are hell bent on color / trim etc. then your choices are limited. Play the email game.

I think 13 - 14% is what folks have been able to do, not sure if being in NC has anything to do, that area is pretty wealthy so you may not see ton of discounts, having said that the 2017 seems a smash hit and will hurt on the fence buyers waiting for it.

There is only one thing that holds true your discount on the MSRP - which you can see on the website @ Mazda USA.
a 10-12% discount is doable. If you are hell bent on color / trim etc. then your choices are limited. Play the email game.

I think 13 - 14% is what folks have been able to do, not sure if being in NC has anything to do, that area is pretty wealthy so you may not see ton of discounts, having said that the 2017 seems a smash hit and will hurt on the fence buyers waiting for it.

Thanks for the feedback. I am looking at lighter colors (eg: silver or white) and the only true requirement is the I-Activsense due to the safety features it offers. Am thinking if I wait a little closer to the 27th to do my email blasts, the dealers may also be more willing to negotiate to meet sales goals. Town is not that large, so only a single Mazda dealer and have to go to other towns to get more quotes and see who does the best. Truth is can't buy the car without my VW money anyway and am not interested in the "free" loan that Mazda is offering where you have up to 45 days to make your first payment.

Thanks for the feedback. I am looking at lighter colors (eg: silver or white) and the only true requirement is the I-Activsense due to the safety features it offers. Am thinking if I wait a little closer to the 27th to do my email blasts, the dealers may also be more willing to negotiate to meet sales goals. Town is not that large, so only a single Mazda dealer and have to go to other towns to get more quotes and see who does the best. Truth is can't buy the car without my VW money anyway and am not interested in the "free" loan that Mazda is offering where you have up to 45 days to make your first payment.

I'd start the email process a week earlier. You want to make sure you have plenty of time for the "reverse auction" to play out.

Also, I would be more vague on your timetable. "Plan on buying this winter". Let them sweat to get your business by the 31st.

Dogwalker its always a balance between urgency and deal.
I had no breakthrough until the Saturday i bought the car - the previous discounts were $700 higher than what I paid. But I am in DFW with 6 or so dealers.
Even I had closed my deal on 29th. Start early and work with dealers who give you a quote upfront. Avoid dealers who give vague answers or promise to "Make your time worth it" - plus if you have not test driven one, take it for an overnight drive. I have seen people hate the car for silly reasons - no rear AC vents etc.

I'm another one of the TDI buyback folk. I sold my VW back on 11/29.

Be sure to look for the Mazda incentive just for us VW owners. $750 off but the last time that I checked it expires 1/3/17.

I played the buy a new car game by e-mail to get my best price but I started a month earlier and managed to get 13% off of MSRP by the time all of the incentives that I was eligible for were applied.

Good luck!

Special VW incentive??

I'm another one of the TDI buyback folk. I sold my VW back on 11/29.

Be sure to look for the Mazda incentive just for us VW owners. $750 off but the last time that I checked it expires 1/3/17.

I played the buy a new car game by e-mail to get my best price but I started a month earlier and managed to get 13% off of MSRP by the time all of the incentives that I was eligible for were applied.

Good luck!

I just checked the Mazda USA website and noted for the CX5 a $500 incentive, which expires 1/3/2017, but saw nothing about the VW owner offer you mentioned. Any idea where else I should look? Thanks for the advice.

Back