What did you pay for your CX-5?

As I told ya'll we went CX-5 shopping yesterday. We ended up going to only one dealer in Chicagoland and he gave us such a great deal that we didn't have to go anywhere else.

Here's some numbers for your viewing pleasure.

2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring (base, no options or packages) AWD in Titanium with black leather interior, 3 miles on the odo

$30,770 MSRP

$29,000 dealer's discounted price (no incentives applied)

-$500 customer cash incentive
-$500 standard rate financing incentive (I'll pay off the loan in 3 months)
-$750 VW TDI to Mazda incentive (we own a VW TDI that's part of the DieselGate emissions scandal)
-$500 VW Goodwill VW dealer only card (this was given to all TDI owners by VW as part of a feel good gesture a while back and my card expires 11/30/16. the Mazda dealer allowed me to use this toward the CX-5 because the dealership also sells VW)

$2,250 total incentives

$29,000 - $2,250 = $26,750 (that's 13.06% off of MSRP!)

$315 total fees (including transferring license plates from our TDI to the CX-5)
$2132 taxes (Cook county Chicago)

that comes to a grand, out the door, total of $29,196

Not too bad eh?

I'll be selling our TDI back to VW on 11/29 and picking up our new CX-5 on 12/3

Last edited:
As I told ya'll we went CX-5 shopping yesterday. We ended up going to only one dealer in Chicagoland and he gave us such a great deal that we didn't have to go anywhere else.

Here's some numbers for your viewing pleasure.

2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring (base, no options or packages) AWD in Titanium with black leather interior, 3 miles on the odo

$30,770 MSRP

$29,000 dealer's discounted price (no incentives applied)

-$500 customer cash incentive
-$500 standard rate financing incentive (I'll pay off the loan in 3 months)
-$750 VW TDI to Mazda incentive (we own a VW TDI that's part of the DieselGate emissions scandal)
-$500 VW Goodwill VW dealer only card (this was given to all TDI owners by VW as part of a feel good gesture a while back and my card expires 11/30/16. the Mazda dealer allowed me to use this toward the CX-5 because the dealership also sells VW)

$2,250 total incentives

$29,000 - $2,250 = $26,750 (that's 13.06% off of MSRP!)

$315 total fees (including transferring license plates from our TDI to the CX-5)
$2132 taxes (Cook county Chicago)

that comes to a grand, out the door, total of $29,196

Not too bad eh?

I'll be selling our TDI back to VW on 11/29 and picking up our new CX-5 on 12/3

Fantastic price, congrats!

I don't accrue interest on any of my transactions

Most of the time I don't either. But in order to save $500 and get that incentive I won't mind paying the small amount that accrues in three months on the less than $6k that I'm going to finance.

Is this cheap??

Here's an email I recieved from a dealer, just wondering if it's a good deal. I smell something fishy from this email. What do you think?

My name is Ibrahem Elfaqir, Internet Manager here at Spreen Mazda. My role here is to provide you, with the easiest Vehicle shopping experience possible. We take pride in having the lowest price quote in California. We are committed to making this your best vehicle purchase ever! I am here to answer any questions you may have on this vehicle and availability.

Saving you money on your purchase is my GOAL!

2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring FWD

MSRP PRICE $ 29,470
Internet Price* $ 25,768

(Destination & Handling Fees Included!)

This price already includes the destination cost! You don't need to qualify for any factory programs. Many dealerships will give you a very low unrealistic price, only for them to increaseit later on! We do not play games at Spreen Mazda.

Shopping for a New Vehicle can be very stressful. Here are the top reasons you should do business with Spreen Mazda
Customers Love Spreen Mazda- 4.8 Google Rating with over 165 Reviews.
Huge Selection with the vehicles you want.
Absolute best pricing without any games.
You will be dealing with Management as you receive VIP Treatment.
Price Valid for 72 Hours
This price does not include Tax, License, or Doc Fee. but DOES include Destination and Handling.
Prices quote can not be combined with any other incentives or offers.
Price does not include dealer installed options. Price is valid with all in stock vehicles.
We reserve the right to modify this quote to correct arithmetic errors, incentives and pricing are quoted with Mazda incentives and rebates programs, May have to finance or lease through Mazda Capital Services. Incentives are subject to change by manufacturer without notice.

Here's an email I recieved from a dealer, just wondering if it's a good deal. I smell something fishy from this email. What do you think?

My name is Ibrahem Elfaqir, Internet Manager here at Spreen Mazda. My role here is to provide you, with the easiest Vehicle shopping experience possible. We take pride in having the lowest price quote in California. We are committed to making this your best vehicle purchase ever! I am here to answer any questions you may have on this vehicle and availability.

Saving you money on your purchase is my GOAL!

2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring FWD

MSRP PRICE $ 29,470
Internet Price* $ 25,768

(Destination & Handling Fees Included!)

This price already includes the destination cost! You don't need to qualify for any factory programs. Many dealerships will give you a very low unrealistic price, only for them to increaseit later on! We do not play games at Spreen Mazda.

Shopping for a New Vehicle can be very stressful. Here are the top reasons you should do business with Spreen Mazda
Customers Love Spreen Mazda- 4.8 Google Rating with over 165 Reviews.
Huge Selection with the vehicles you want.
Absolute best pricing without any games.
You will be dealing with Management as you receive VIP Treatment.
Price Valid for 72 Hours
This price does not include Tax, License, or Doc Fee. but DOES include Destination and Handling.
Prices quote can not be combined with any other incentives or offers.
Price does not include dealer installed options. Price is valid with all in stock vehicles.
We reserve the right to modify this quote to correct arithmetic errors, incentives and pricing are quoted with Mazda incentives and rebates programs, May have to finance or lease through Mazda Capital Services. Incentives are subject to change by manufacturer without notice.
Ask for confirmed OTD price. Not sure if this includes military and student discount if any. Walk in and if they budge walk out. Also talk about accessories before you go. Also last paragraph basically says this is a switch and bait. I would call and verify before I go if this is further than 10 miles away.

Bought a CX-5 GT last Tuesday (first post, new member). Sticker MSRP was $32,600, ended up paying $3k otd with them throwing in two oil changes and the cargo cover.

Rough math is $30k sale price, $3,000 in taxes and fees, - $1,000 in mazda cash.

Unique situation for me. I have a 2014 Mazda 6 Touring with 7 payments left on a lease. Because of a job change, I am projected to be 12,500 miles over when I turn it in (at $0.15 per mile.) I'll need new tires in the next month or so. And if I were really safety-conscious, I'd get a set of snow tires as well. Finally there are some dents and dings that will most likely go over the wear-and-tear allotment. I'd say I'd owe somewhere between $2,500 and $3,000 when I turn it in next July.

I got an offer on a 2016.5 AWD CX-5 Soul Red Touring with the Bose/Moonroof package. They would buy my car and apply the negative equity to the loan. MSRP on the CX-5 is $28,845. Adjusted sales price is $26,000. Adding in tax, fees and my (negative) trade balance and out the door price is $30,826. So basically, I'm paying MSRP to get out of a lease early.

I'm double-checking, but I'm pretty sure they are offering me 1.9% financing for 72 months. Also, one year of free service.

I suppose I could ride out the lease and pay them when I turn it in or buy it for $13,800 with approximately 50,000 miles on it.

Any thoughts or advice?

Just picked up my 2016.5 GT AWD last night - started out getting a quote from the Costco Auto buying program of $30,297 after adding on the tech package & receiving the $500 loyalty discount (traded in my '09 3)...I wound up going to a dealer closer to home than the one Costco referred me to but they matched the price...I elected to add on roof rails & wheel locks and we settled on a final price of $30,500

For any Costco members out there I can't say enough good things about the program - I'd never used it before but it turned out to be a huge bargaining chip...their authorized dealer wasn't the one closest to home that I've been going to for years, so I kept their quote in my back pocket just so I could see what the dealership offered me without it - not even close on their "best price", but as soon as I whipped out the Costco quote I saw the 'oh crap' expression on their faces, they knew I had a guaranteed price if I went another 20 minutes down the road & so they were instantly willing to play ball

Last edited:
Just picked up my 2016.5 GT AWD last night - started out getting a quote from the Costco Auto buying program of $30,297 after adding on the tech package & receiving the $500 loyalty discount (traded in my '09 3)...I wound up going to a dealer closer to home than the one Costco referred me to but they matched the price...I elected to add on roof rails & wheel locks and we settled on a final price of $30,500

For any Costco members out there I can't say enough good things about the program - I'd never used it before but it turned out to be a huge bargaining chip...their authorized dealer wasn't the one closest to home that I've been going to for years, so I kept their quote in my back pocket just so I could see what the dealership offered me without it - not even close on their "best price", but as soon as I whipped out the Costco quote I saw the 'oh crap' expression on their faces, they knew I had a guaranteed price if I went another 20 minutes down the road & so they were instantly willing to play ball

I am a Costco member and all I will say is - They are not the best for quotes. Ofcourse if you have no clue on prices and want a quick in and out -- thats pretty cool way to go. But just like Trucar - Costco prices are mid to high level.
For example - I have seen folks walk with a CX-5 paying 12% off the lowest website price on Trucar - lowest on thier graph! So its not getting you the best deal, but sort of a compromise between haggling too much and discount.

Another thing is 2017 info. is released - it is better in many ways, Except maybe interior looks and wheels which are very subjective. Its more of a Dad car and is a head turner!

I am a Costco member and all I will say is - They are not the best for quotes. Ofcourse if you have no clue on prices and want a quick in and out -- thats pretty cool way to go. But just like Trucar - Costco prices are mid to high level.
For example - I have seen folks walk with a CX-5 paying 12% off the lowest website price on Trucar - lowest on thier graph! So its not getting you the best deal, but sort of a compromise between haggling too much and discount.

Another thing is 2017 info. is released - it is better in many ways, Except maybe interior looks and wheels which are very subjective. Its more of a Dad car and is a head turner!

From the research i did and looking over Consumer Reports car buying guide it seemed to be a reasonable price with the options I wanted

Just bought a 2016.5 Touring, FWD, Bose+Moonroof, White ex - black int for $23,999 + TTL. Financing is 0% for 60 months. How did i do?

Got a 2016.5 GT with Tech Package (white paint) for just over $31,000 OTD.
The car price was $28,000 after $1,000 in rebates/discounts.

I'm pretty happy with my purchase (about 10% off MSRP) and since it was Black Friday, the dealership also threw in a iPad Mini 2.
I added on a 5-year extended warranty cause it was Ford Premium Care and not some random 3rd-party warranty but I don't think it's worth the extra $1,500.
I'll probably cancel it before the 30-day period is up but was wondering if anyone has any experience with it.

As for the car itself.. absolutely love it. I'm surprised at how "heavy" (not in a bad way) it feels. Coming from a 2015 Mazda3 I knew this car would be heavier but it feels really nice and sturdy. For the first few days I kept having to re-close my doors and trunk cause I kept using the same amount of force I did with my 3.
For anyone on the fence about the Tech package... get it! I find myself admiring those LEDs all the time (via other car's reflections).

Got a 2016.5 GT with Tech Package (white paint) for just over $31,000 OTD.
The car price was $28,000 after $1,000 in rebates/discounts.

I'm pretty happy with my purchase (about 10% off MSRP) and since it was Black Friday, the dealership also threw in a iPad Mini 2.
I added on a 5-year extended warranty cause it was Ford Premium Care and not some random 3rd-party warranty but I don't think it's worth the extra $1,500.
I'll probably cancel it before the 30-day period is up but was wondering if anyone has any experience with it.

As for the car itself.. absolutely love it. I'm surprised at how "heavy" (not in a bad way) it feels. Coming from a 2015 Mazda3 I knew this car would be heavier but it feels really nice and sturdy. For the first few days I kept having to re-close my doors and trunk cause I kept using the same amount of force I did with my 3.
For anyone on the fence about the Tech package... get it! I find myself admiring those LEDs all the time (via other car's reflections).

Agree on the Tech Pkg. I got it only because it was needed to get the iActive Sensing. Now that I have it, I absolutely love it! Best lights I ever had

As far as the extended warranty goes, I got a 9 yr/100k miles/$0 deductible Mazda warranty for $1940. Unless your Ford dealer is a whole lot closer than the nearest Mazda dealer, I'd go with the Mazda one. You can buy it from any Mazda dealer that sells Mazda warranties. They probably pay <$1500 for the one I got so someone will do the deal.

Last edited:
Having trouble with reply.... less than sign truncates rest of the reply.

They probably pay less than $1500 for the one I got so someone will do the deal.

Last edited:
Agree on the Tech Pkg. I got it only because it was needed to get the iActive Sensing. Now that I have it, I absolutely love it! Best lights I ever had

As far as the extended warranty goes, I got a 9 yr/100k miles/$0 deductible Mazda warranty for $1940. Unless your Ford dealer is a whole lot closer than the nearest Mazda dealer, I'd go with the Mazda one. You can buy it from any Mazda dealer that sells Mazda warranties. They probably pay <$1500 for the one I got so someone will do the deal.

Well the Ford Premium Care warranty covers Mazda dealerships so I can still have any work done at any Mazda dealerships that also have Ford vehicles (which there are plenty of near me). However, your warranty is waaayyy better than the one I had. Maybe it's a region thing but I don't think we have Mazda extended warranties here in SoCal but I'll call and ask.

If I don't use the warranty during the 5 years, they said I get the $1,500 refunded back to me which sounds great... but I wouldn't put it past them to find some loophole showing that I "used" it.

A Ford extended warranty on a Mazda? how does that work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought a 2016.5 Touring, FWD, Bose+Moonroof, White ex - black int for $23,999 + TTL. Financing is 0% for 60 months. How did i do?

Hi, This sounds like a great deal for Touring with Moon roof. If you don't mind telling, which dealership was it ? I am in the market for a CUV as well. Thanks.

Hi, This sounds like a great deal for Touring with Moon roof. If you don't mind telling, which dealership was it ? I am in the market for a CUV as well. Thanks.

Capitol Mazda in San Jose, Ca. Hope you find a good deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back