What did I buy?

It was between a Kia Optima and the Mazda 6. Optimas are sweet looking but have the left pull issue that I would not be able to deal with. 6s are also great looking but all the new skyactive technology and prior mazda rust issues had me concerned also. Kia was cheaper and had $1000 cash back. 6 had no cash or financing incentives. It took me several weeks, going back and forth many times to make a decision. After speaking with the service managers at 2 local dealers, I decided on the 6.

2014 sport, with soul red paint. Other cars are white, silver and black...wife wanted a real color. Car is currently on boat being shipped in. Got the floor mats and wheel locks. I wouldn't have gotten them but they were on the car. Paid dealer invoice. Dealer wouldn't budge, but wasn't going to worry about a few $100s. Also, other local dealers are not convenient for me.

I hope I made the right choice for reliability!

Only other items will be mud flaps and a clear bra on the hood.

Looking forward to getting in it.

Congrats on your purchase! I think there's someone else on the forum who had bought the same color/trim combo.

Enjoy!

WooooHooooo!!! I have seen the Soul Red on TV and it looks fantastic. When is it expected to arrive?

My reason for going with mazda again was because of the reliability.
I have a 2005 mazda 3i that has almost 200,000 miles on it..only part I replaced was the ac compressor (died prematurely because I took it to the race track where it would suck in dust every weekend). Just keep on top of fluids and oil changes..
Filters, etc

Soul Red Sport owner here, and my mother owns a 2012 Optima. I went with the M6 because of the manual transmission option, but I have driven an auto 6 and an auto Optima. The transmissions are worlds apart. The auto in my mom's Optima feels like a late eightys Chevrolet slushbox compared to the auto in the 6. The Kia is very jumpy on the throttle and shifts rough when under much strain. The Mazda automatic is very nice, shifts smooth and responds quickly.

I will say that if Kia had offered a manual transmission available with cooled and heated leather and the panoramic sunroof under 25k I may be driving one, but I know it wouldn't get near the fuel mileage as my 6, and I drive about 30k a year so mileage was also a huge deal to meas well.

For perspactive, I drove a 2013 5-spd Focus for two weeks before buying the 6, and I'm getting 3-4mpg better in the Mazda (35.9mpg avg. over 3000 miles). It's twice the size of the Focus.

Enjoy!

It was between a Kia Optima and the Mazda 6. Optimas are sweet looking but have the left pull issue that I would not be able to deal with. 6s are also great looking but all the new skyactive technology and prior mazda rust issues had me concerned also. Kia was cheaper and had $1000 cash back. 6 had no cash or financing incentives. It took me several weeks, going back and forth many times to make a decision. After speaking with the service managers at 2 local dealers, I decided on the 6.

2014 sport, with soul red paint. Other cars are white, silver and black...wife wanted a real color. Car is currently on boat being shipped in. Got the floor mats and wheel locks. I wouldn't have gotten them but they were on the car. Paid dealer invoice. Dealer wouldn't budge, but wasn't going to worry about a few $100s. Also, other local dealers are not convenient for me.

I hope I made the right choice for reliability!

Only other items will be mud flaps and a clear bra on the hood.

Looking forward to getting in it.
Dealer lost 600 dollars and i paid the 23.5 for the sport model. outside of dealer financing they make no money on the sport model.

Dealer lost 600 dollars and i paid the 23.5 for the sport model. outside of dealer financing they make no money on the sport model.

dealers NEVER loss money. It's a SUPER complicated formula of hold backs, incentives, numbers sold, they will NEVER sell a car at a loss... we get fuct in the end no matter how you spin. Invoice is BS...

Well, it is here. Took it for a ride tonight and purchasing it on Saturday. Soul red paints looks better than I thought it would. ride is sporty and a little tight over the pavement joints. Tranny is smoooooth. Hoping for great mileage and reliability.

Mud flaps and floor mats are the first additions. Where is bet online site to buy factory items.

Local shop does window tinting for $200. Is that a good price? What brand tint should I stay away from?

Picked it up Saturday. Took it for a ride Saturday night. It is a sweet car. Car handles well and is getting 31 mpgs with mixed driving.

Salesman said they are selling fast and have only one left on the lot.

I hate to go to work tomorrow, rather take it for another cruise.

Back