• Silver

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Deep Crystal Blue

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters

Bob-Loblaw

:
2016 CX-5 GT
Not what you have necessarily but what you prefer, all things being equal. But don't choose something you wouldn't buy. You may "like" Red/Parchment the best but know you'd never buy it so if that's the case, don't choose it. Be realistic. I'm curios what the most popular combo is.

Last edited:
Last month my wife bought a white-black 2016 GT, a color which I would have bought but she got it first. The other day I bought the color my 14 year old son chose, which is red black. Now our family has one white and one red CX-5, both with the black leather interior.

Soul Red and black was our first and only choice. That's what my wife wanted. We would have taken a look at parchment but none were availabe anywhere near us when we bought, so it was very quickly a done deal.

I voted silver under protest! I "prefer" sliver with gray interior. But Mazda doesn't offer gray interior like EVERYBODY ELSE DOES!

I was really upset when I found out that Sky Blue Mica was only on the 2013s and 2014s when I went to buy. It didn't make financial sense for me to buy a 2014. So that would have been my choice.

When I was looking at the CX-5 last year, the car ticked all of the boxes except one: I wanted deep crystal blue with parchment cloth interior. Bingo, they had one on the lot and I drove home with it.

In hindsight, I might have prefered a lighter color as the dark blue shows dirt and dust like crazy.

In hindsight, I might have prefered a lighter color as the dark blue shows dirt and dust like crazy.
That's the major reason why we choose silver and gray interior all the time!(friday)

I voted for black with parchment interior. Saw it on the showroom floor. Both my gf and I really liked it, beautiful, but we went blue reflex with black. I've had and still have black Harleys as well as traded in a black MR2 for our CX-5. Done with maintaining a black vehicle even with a garage. Parchment is gorgeous but I'd be posting here asking where to buy clear see through seat covers.

I had a 2013 White pearl / black interior (no white option here) and to be honest it is really my favorite color, looks great, easy to clean.

But we just changed for a 2016 GT tech Soul red / white parchment, my wife and kids wanted something different. We are just waiting for it to get here, still 3-4 weeks. I cannot wait to see it to be honest.

Went in thinking we'd get a Meteor Grey w/black interior, but the test car they pulled up was liquid silver, which i had never seen in person. Was so impressed with its appearance that we chose it. Side by side I thought it made the meteor grey look really dull.

I voted for black with parchment interior. Saw it on the showroom floor. Both my gf and I really liked it, beautiful, but we went blue reflex with black. I've had and still have black Harleys as well as traded in a black MR2 for our CX-5. Done with maintaining a black vehicle even with a garage. Parchment is gorgeous but I'd be posting here asking where to buy clear see through seat covers.

Then you didn't read my post.

I had a 2013 White pearl / black interior (no white option here) and to be honest it is really my favorite color, looks great, easy to clean.

But we just changed for a 2016 GT tech Soul red / white parchment, my wife and kids wanted something different. We are just waiting for it to get here, still 3-4 weeks. I cannot wait to see it to be honest.

On a dealer lot I have sat in a CX-5 GT red with parchment. The color combo looks great and I am sure you will be very happy with it.

We've learned over the decades tan and silver are invisible to other divers. Everyone including deer, elk and turkey's are trying to kill you in these colors. White is great, but SWMBO was burned out on neutral colors. I don't blame her.

Soul Red with black leather. Gorgeous. Dirty, needs constant attention. Gorgeous. Sticks out like a broken middle finger. EVERYONE sees it, can't miss it, eh? Did I say it was gorgeous?

Last edited:
We've learned over the decades tan and silver are invisible to other divers. Everyone including deer, elk and turkey's are trying to kill you in these colors. White is great, but SWMBO was burned out on neutral colors. I don't blame her.

Soul Red with black leather. Gorgeous. Dirty, needs constant attention. Gorgeous. Sticks out like a broken middle finger. EVERYONE sees it, can't miss it, eh? Did I say it was gorgeous?
Yeah, I don't really care if our silver cars are invisible to divers...
Deer、elk、turkey's? We have not had any encounters with any animals on all 5 silver car, CUV, and vans (knock on wood...) for many years. The only accident we had with a deer on I-35 south of Des Moines, Iowa, was a 1974 Chevy Impala with maroon color!
To me, not washing cars too often (laziness) is more important than taking the risk of getting killed by deer、elk、and even turkey's... ;)

Yeah, I don't really care if our silver cars are invisible to divers...
Deer、elk、turkey's? We have not had any encounters with any animals on all 5 silver car, CUV, and vans (knock on wood...) for many years. The only accident we had with a deer on I-35 south of Des Moines, Iowa, was a 1974 Chevy Impala with maroon color!
To me, not washing cars too often (laziness) is more important than taking the risk of getting killed by deer、elk、and even turkey's... ;)

We live out of town on dirt road too which makes matters worse. The rest of the home team is: one black, one white and one silver. Gotta change things up now and again fer pete's sakes!

I use to think that having a red vehicle made you a "traffic ticket magnet". Now that I have a red ride, I don't think that anymore. I do feel,however, that I get the attention of other drivers.

Parchment is gorgeous but I'd be posting here asking where to buy clear see through seat covers.

That was my initial thought, but a can of Scotchguard will hopefully be a better alternative to seat covers.

It's a shame they don't offer an interior color that's somewhere between black and parchment, but since we live in a warmer climate now parchment wins.

Back