What caliper paint is closest to the Lazer Blue?

Boozenbar

:
MP3 # 1494
I did a bit of a boo boo and painted my brake calipers yellow on my blue MP3. They turned out BRIGHT yellow. They are very flashey but they are overkill imo. The other thing is that they show grime / brake dust easily.

Can someone (who has done it) please tell me exactly what blue paint they used? I would even like to do the anodized looking blue that a couple of you have done, the bright yellow is just to much of a rice look.

Before you ask, I will not post pics of my poor baby in this condition!

Thanks in advance for your help,
~Booze (drive)

Why not try red? Not as flashy as the yellow but still stands out. I've seen pics of a laser blue with red calipers...looked great.

I dont want to do red cause I am trying to keep the colors to a minimum. I already have yellow in the engine compartment so thats why I tried it.

looks pretty close

i found this stuff at autozone i think or somthing like that
it stuff stuff called
Plasti-kote Anodozit
you have to buy the base coat and the top coat
i did mine in the blue and it looks really close to the same color as my car... it turned out very nice, i will try to take some picture tomorrow to post

sorry to be off topic but.....anyone know wherre I can find orange heat resistant paint? duplicolor doesnt have orange..

Damn, I have some yellow caliper paint waiting to get put on. Now you have me worried. You sure you won't share a picture ?

slug420 said:
sorry to be off topic but.....anyone know wherre I can find orange heat resistant paint? duplicolor doesnt have orange..
I've seen orange dupli-color high heat paint.

Boozenbar said:
I dont want to do red cause I am trying to keep the colors to a minimum. I already have yellow in the engine compartment so thats why I tried it.
I also say do them in red. Just paint the yellow strut brace red. If you don't want to do that, just swap it with a P5 for a yellow one, that's how I got my yellow strut brace.

What paint did you use for the caliper paint?

Oh yeah, didn't notice. ok, forget my last post :D

edit: Hey, is he calling me rice? (boom06)

Took off my blue gorilla lug locks and the calipers look much better. The two colors on the wheels (or that area) was just to much. Will also look better once I change to the clear side markers. Will try to post some pics this weekend.

Thanks,
Booze (drive)

Back