What BOV to choose?

PavelTol

:
Mazda 6 MPS
Have several mods to be installed this spring:
HKS TwinPower
CP-E Inlet Pipe
HKS Super Hybrid Filter(we have extremely dirty roads, so I left idea of installing CAI)
Auto Exe Intercooler & Turbo Suction Kit

Looking for an BOV to increase engine responce, bur to secure the engine. And I need a quiet one.
Please, could you recommend any?

And could you also recommend any other useful mods?

Thank you.

I would recommend that you purchase a new OEM bypass valve from Mazda. If you're looking for something very quiet, but extremely effective there is nothing better than the OEM BPV.

what about forge or turbosmart devices?

If you are running significantly higher boost pressures than stock, you might consider an aftermarket solution. If you're going to maintain the factory boost levels (or something similar) stay with the OEM bypass valve.

OK, I have another question:
What is the difference between the Autoexe and the ETS 3.25" TMICs?
The Autoexe TMIC is compatible with the so-called "turbo suction kit", that is supposed to offer better air flow. But it is more expensive.

OK, I have another question:
What is the difference between the Autoexe and the ETS 3.25" TMICs?
The Autoexe TMIC is compatible with the so-called "turbo suction kit", that is supposed to offer better air flow. But it is more expensive.

I honestly don't know how much difference there is between the two products. If I were you I would try to contact each company and ask for performance/air flow data for each. One of the intercoolers may be designed better internall for less turbulence or pressure drop throughout the intercooler. Additionally, one may be fabricated with a material better-suited to dissipate heat. I'm afraid the specifics on this are something that I don't have the answer for. :( Sorry!

Thank you for your support!!!!
As I can understand, you have the ETS 3.5 tmic installed? Are you satisfied with it? Does the hood close properly with it?

Thank you for your support!!!!
As I can understand, you have the ETS 3.5 tmic installed? Are you satisfied with it? Does the hood close properly with it?

I have had the 3.5" ETS installed for about 9 months now with no problems. I would recommend if you use anything larger than 3.25" that you also use better engine mounts than stock. The stock engine mounts will make the 3.5" ETS rub and hit the cold air ducting on the underneath side of the hood.

I'm satisfied with my ETS intercooler. It is very large and not very pretty, but it does the job very well. During hot days in the summer, I don't have nearly as many issues with knock during stop and go driving.

Back