What Auto Braking?

seeing that Driving gear selection is displayed on this video, i'm guessing in manual mode the numbered Gear selection will be displayed, which is pretty cool.
That's exactly what I want!!!

I want to see the gear and the tach as I'm ripping down some of these side roads *ahem* enjoying the rural scenery... That's part of why I purchased a 7" tablet for the OBD2 reader, so I can display this stuff on an "extended dash."

I wonder if that capacity is still there. I wonder it the HUD is a generic projector for whatever the system sends it and a software updgrade can put it back, or if there are individual segments in the HUD for each feature, and the segment for "Tach/Gear" is no longer in the hardware.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I usually try to ignore stuff like this, but your rants on tech are getting really tiresome. We all know your opinions as you have stated them dozens of times. Everyone you're ranting at on this forum knows the upsides and the downsides of the growth of automobile safety technology. You need to take a deep breath every time you want give your keyboard a workout on this same topic and fight the urge. Please!

I could easily say the same thing about the endless threads across many platforms calling for more automotive technology becoming tiresome... take a breath, give the keys a break, yadda, yadda. You know the masses complaining about the stuff not working and all, like this particular thread. I find it all tiring as well. 2-way street, freedom of speech (what's left of it anyway), and all that...but since you asked nicely, I'll give it whirl. I'll stick my head in the sand and act like there's not a problem, an epidemic... things like the guy filming his automotive techno-gadget, with another techno-gadget, while driving very much distracted. 'Ignore stuff like this' I believe is the phrase put forth. I'll do that. How's that sound?
Have a wonderful evening!

I could easily say the same thing about the endless threads across many platforms calling for more automotive technology becoming tiresome... take a breath, give the keys a break, yadda, yadda. You know the masses complaining about the stuff not working and all, like this particular thread. I find it all tiring as well. 2-way street, freedom of speech (what's left of it anyway), and all that...but since you asked nicely, I'll give it whirl. I'll stick my head in the sand and act like there's not a problem, an epidemic... things like the guy filming his automotive techno-gadget, with another techno-gadget, while driving very much distracted. 'Ignore stuff like this' I believe is the phrase put forth. I'll do that. How's that sound?
Have a wonderful evening!

Thank you!

Back