What are your Intake temps like ???

coyfish

Just wondering what youre intake temps are normally during the summer. I live in florida and its about 90ish degrees on a normal sunny day. Even if its at night around 80 degrees my intake temps are still a bit high. Today during the heat they were in the 90's while moving. If I sat for a while they would creep up to over 100.

Where is the sensor??? I would think that if I were to be moving it shouldn't be any hotter than ambient temp . . .

I guess it depends on where the sensor is.

with the location of my sri being next to my hot pipe and near the radiator i will see about 10-15 over ambient while moving steadily. when i come to a stop temps increase quite quickly and while sitting in traffic i've had intake temps as high as 170 degrees. needless to say i will eventually find a new way to route my intake but for now it hasn't really hurt anything because my boost temps are still pretty good.

im seeing 80-86 degrees on my V6. the higher part during idling and te lower during cruising.

this is after driving for a while. if i boost up 4 or 5 times, the most i see is about 93-96degrees

5 degrees above ambient temp while cruising....
i have a Fujita CAI up to +40 degree if stuck traffic

I usually see about 10-15 above ambient with my MS CAI. I also have the opening in the drivers side inner fender blocked off, and since doing that, noticed the rise. Before they were usually on par with ambient temp.

Thanks for the responses guys. Today I was keeping my eye on it. It was rainy so it was about 80 degrees outside or even cooler. In the stop and go traffic to school I saw as high as 118. Once I started moving it cooled off quickly and settles to about 10-15 above ambient.

I have the MS CAI and while cruising my intake temps are aroun 100 but while im stopped and idling the temps are around 130-135

im seeing 80-86 degrees on my V6. the higher part during idling and te lower during cruising.

this is after driving for a while. if i boost up 4 or 5 times, the most i see is about 93-96degrees

your post is useless without a link to a build thread. :p lol

Back