Went with wife to look at a new Mazda 3 and 6 Touring and I bought a Mazda 2 :)

I'm not sure anymore if the Flag color 'Green' would have been better. But the wife wanted a shade of Blue (i.e. our MAZDA5 is phantom blue).

attachment.php

Attachments

• mazda2.JPG
    mazda2.JPG
    206.4 KB · Views: 340
So my son will be in the market for another car around December-January (or sooner if the deal pops up) and is looking at... wait for it... a Mazda 2!! Woot-woot!! (cabpatch) He is interested in a Touring model in black or white. It's a couple of months away but will be coming up fast. I will keep you all posted. :)

Tell your son to get the Sport 5 speed and use the difference for autocross fees and summer/winter tires. Winter tires on steel wheels (-400) High Performance summer tires Bridgestone RE-11 and Nice wheels (<-1000). The car will look slamming. He won't use the cruise much and the rest is mostly bling. Sell the take-offs to dad (+400) and he will still have pocket change left over for a roof rack and bike or board carrier.

Tell your son to get the Sport 5 speed and use the difference for autocross fees and summer/winter tires. Winter tires on steel wheels (-400) High Performance summer tires Bridgestone RE-11 and Nice wheels (<-1000). The car will look slamming. He won't use the cruise much and the rest is mostly bling. Sell the take-offs to dad (+400) and he will still have pocket change left over for a roof rack and bike or board carrier.

Good points. I used to Auto-X but don't anymore and he's just into cruising, no racing so we'll see.

Good points. I used to Auto-X but don't anymore and he's just into cruising, no racing so we'll see.

It will improve his driving skills. He will look further ahead and quicken his reflexes. He will learn the limits of his new car and his abilities.
All good stuff and lots of fun.

Couple recent shots...

The 2:
305650df.jpg

The 6:
cb10db4b.jpg

We love these cars so far. I have 3k on my 2 and my wife has 4k on her 6. I'm averaging around 32mpg, I mostly drive in the city, my average speed is 22-26mph over the tank so I'm happy with that.

:)

so what % tint did you get?

and i love your roof rack! ...though the wheels on your bike look kinda small...

What are the positives and negatives relative to the 2 and Mini (non-S)? Fuel economy? Reliability? Our next car will be for high fuel economy but must be a hatchback for utility. I have drive an S, the older supercharged model, and that was about much fun as you can have with your clothes on. But we have had more than a few Mazdas.

Thanks

I have dealt with many Mini Coopers at a dealership I used to work at. We sold some used ones.

Mechanically, they are not bad. But the electronics are bad. Window motors, power locks, radio or A/C buttons all tend to fail and just randomly stop working. I also think the interior is poor quality. The switches look like very cheap plastic and the seats are very uncomfortable. They do not support you very well.

But the car does handle well. I have not driven the turbo ones, but I drove the supercharged S model and a base.

Latest posts

Back