Went with wife to look at a new Mazda 3 and 6 Touring and I bought a Mazda 2 :)

slolane

:
2011 Mazda 2 Touring
So my wife is in the market for a new vehicle, she asked that I go with her to check them out. Tuesday evening we walk into the showroom and they had a Mazda 2 Touring, black on black... I put a deposit down on it before we even drove the cars she was interested in. LOL. I made an appointment for today and since I had a day in between I went ahead and got the financing all lined up. I test drove it today and drove it home... I really like this car, reminds me of my MINI I had but with much more room and easier access to the rear seat!!

Anyway, onto the pics (sorry for the crappy iPhone pics)...

In the showroom
85fdf96c.jpg

Out front of the dealer
883c0cb8.jpg

In the driveway
eb41fd91.jpg

My old MINI
mini-tint.jpg

I ordered some goodies online this evening...
- Mazda arm rest
- Rear bumper guard
- Roof rack
- Stubby antenna
- Hitch
- Hitch wiring
- Weathertech floor liners (front and rear)

I have a few more items to address this next week...
- Get windows tinted
- Remove "Mazda" and "2" from hatch
- Research roof rack air deflector and if any attachments are needed for my Yakima racks (HighRoller and BowDown)
- Build rear cargo box, I'm going to build a box for the rear cargo area that is level with the back of the back seats when they are folded down for my dog that top lifts to add additional storage.

All in all I'm very happy with my 2, we are going back tomorrow or Saturday to look at the 3 Touring for the wife, she liked the 3 better than the 6.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi... zoom-zoom (headbang)

Congrats! I still have a Clubman S in addition to the 2 I bought a couple weeks ago.

Thanks! Nice regarding your Clubman, that gives you a bit extra room than my standard provided. Mine wasn't an S, but still a lot of fun to drive.

I have a few more items to address this next week...

- Remove "Mazda" and "2" from hatch

Just so you know, there are holes behind the "Mazda"

Also, It's good to see another forum member rockin' a 2 in MD. What area are you from? I'm in JoppaTowne.

Hello from the Kingdom of Norway!

Nice story you told. Hope you will be very happy with your 2. Good luck with it and thanks for posting pic.

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Just so you know, there are holes behind the "Mazda"

Also, It's good to see another forum member rockin' a 2 in MD. What area are you from? I'm in JoppaTowne.

I'm in Annapolis, just saw 2 other black 2's (one with tinted windows, one without).

Thanks, I found the pegs/holes today when I took the badges off. I decided to leave the inserts in the hatch and just taped them off with painters tape and filled em with black silicone smooth to the top, I will see how that holds up. You can't even see them from 4' away...
c71d97c1.jpg

38dea3f0.jpg

c39e2aff.jpg

I also found the Outmotoring antenna from my MINI in the garage and checked to see if it would fit, it does...
ba1a68a6.jpg

ea5fc4d5.jpg

e0c5b291.jpg

I really have to get my windows tinted, I can hardly stand these clear windows.

Great color(headbang) I'd suggest a clear bra for the front, little pricey but well worth it when and IF you trade it in.

Welcome to the Mazda side of things, I too am a previous MINI owner, mine was even the same color combo as yours.

Great color(headbang) I'd suggest a clear bra for the front, little pricey but well worth it when and IF you trade it in.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Mazda side of things, I too am a previous MINI owner, mine was even the same color combo as yours.

Yeh man, zoom-zoom (I just keep sayin' that! lol). Nice re your MINI, I really liked them too, fun cars. If it weren't for my torn ACL and lateral meniscus with shifting gears I would probably still have it... but I really like my Mazda 2, fun and practical car. I just can't wait to get my other little mods done.

2 new black Mazdas...that's a good lookin' driveway :)

Yes it is, thanks!! My son get's his license in December so around November he wants to go look at a used Mazda 3 sedan... I hope that's what he decides on, that would be sweet!

What are the positives and negatives relative to the 2 and Mini (non-S)? Fuel economy? Reliability? Our next car will be for high fuel economy but must be a hatchback for utility. I have drive an S, the older supercharged model, and that was about much fun as you can have with your clothes on. But we have had more than a few Mazdas.

Thanks

What are the positives and negatives relative to the 2 and Mini (non-S)? Fuel economy? Reliability? Our next car will be for high fuel economy but must be a hatchback for utility. I have drive an S, the older supercharged model, and that was about much fun as you can have with your clothes on. But we have had more than a few Mazdas.

Thanks

Well I haven't had the 2 very long to know much about it but I like the way it's configured a bit better for carrying people, my dog and cargo... as well as the price, the 2 was only 16,621 out the door... which is CHEAP, the MINI's are a bit more so to me the 2 is a bit better value. Consumer Reports doesn't have enough data yet to rate the 2 but all the reading of reviews I did favored it pretty well. Regarding the MINI mine was a non-S/manual, I drive like grandpa now... and got 40-42 highway and 36-39 city. I purchased it new and it came with 3 years maintenance from BMW/MINI, Consumer Reports rates the 2009+ MINI very high, the older ones a good bit lower. I have driven the S on the street during test drives and on AutoX track and I agree, they are a blast to drive, the newer S's have turbos instead of superchargers but are similar. My MINI was the standard cooper, the Clubman offers a good bit more storage but is still a 2 door so you would have to figure that part out at the dealer and on test rides... what you can live with and what you need there. To me the 4 doors really help in day to day real world function. If you have any other questions I will do my best to answer.

Fuel economy? Reliability? Our next car will be fuel economy high, but must be a practical hatchback. I have a S drive, the old turbo mode, on the more fun you can have with your clothes. However, we have more than a few Mazda.

We took a Mazda2 for a road test as we are looking for a 2nd family vehicle. 3 adults and a 4-year old (and brittax child seat). We drove around the city, through the highway, and to cosco (groceries). The wife says it is good as 'support' vehicle to our 2006 MAzda5 GT. I'll post pictures after we drive it home from the dealership today.

I have a 2008 mazda5 as well...the 2 is my commuter car but I have no hesitation taking all of us on errands. (me\wife\6 yo\3 yo).

Back