Went to the track last night

djdanny5000

Contributor
:
2007 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Retired: 2002 Protege 5
So i went to PBIR last night cause we had a cold front down here in florida and I finally reached my goal. My best time before as 14- at like 99 and i;ve been trying to hit 13's forever. well last night god answered my prayers, i ran a 13.7 at 100.9 and i had a full tank of gas. My 60' was 1.9 and i know i can pull of a 1.8 so there should be room for improvement next time. I'm waiting to get my FMIC installed and a new tune to go back and try to get low 13's.

i hate you, lol. just because your able to hit the drag strip during winter. i can't wait till spring so i can find out what my stock MS6 will do.

good times nonetheless, but i thought MS6's ran high 13s stock?

Wow full tank of gas? That is alot of extra weight to drag down the 1/4 mile

Nice times. Are you taking it easy on the clutch on the launches?

-Derrick

It only took you like 10,000 try's lol. would have like to see you run but you were behind me. We'll go again soon after I do some tuning myself. Great to see you finally achieve your goal.

Wow full tank of gas? That is alot of extra weight to drag down the 1/4 mile

Nice times. Are you taking it easy on the clutch on the launches?

-Derrick

Oh Derrick! Clutches are made to be broken. :)

To the OP: Nice run! Were you using any sort of ice on the TMIC waiting in line? How about Launch Control and Flat-Foot Shifting with your AP?

Oh Derrick! Clutches are made to be broken. :)

To the OP: Nice run! Were you using any sort of ice on the TMIC waiting in line? How about Launch Control and Flat-Foot Shifting with your AP?

Who cares about the clutch? I'd be more worried about the rear diff!!!!!

Who cares about the clutch? I'd be more worried about the rear diff!!!!!

Definitely something to think about! I've learned over the years that on the great journey to hook up and get down the track as quickly as possible, things break. Anybody who goes into it thinking otherwise is fooling themselves.

Hell, I all but destroyed a $5,000 Lenko transmission after three passes once. s*** happens, have fun! :D

The joys of racing! If you are not ready to break parts racing isn't for you, lol.

We broke so many axles, transmissions, clutches running our protege drag car years ago. My favorite is the passenger axle breaking in two pieces and tearing the mount in half where it bolts to the back of the engine.

-Derrick

I had a small block 406cid making about 600 flywheel horsepower in my Nova about 7 or 8 years ago. Took it for one pass and a two-piece intake valve came apart at 8500 revs. When the head of the valve fell down into the cylinder the piston blew up and went four different directions. Shelled an engine in less than a city block. Sometimes s*** just happens!

Definitely something to think about! I've learned over the years that on the great journey to hook up and get down the track as quickly as possible, things break. Anybody who goes into it thinking otherwise is fooling themselves.

Hell, I all but destroyed a $5,000 Lenko transmission after three passes once. s*** happens, have fun! :D

So true, but we hate when things break.

Hey guys i was lauching at 4k using the control on the cobb and flat foot shifting. My first run i slipped the clutch for a bit and then dumped it and the car boged down a bit, the second run i pretty much dumped the clutch and got a better 60'. I was shifting at around 6k rpm and stayed in 4th gear at the end. And no ice on the intercooler but it was a pretty cold night. And yeah i had filled the gas tank like the day before cause i didnt think about going to the track, it was a last minute thing. Next time i go i'll be prepared and show up with like 1/4 tank.

You need to work on those shifts. A speed6 w/ your mods should easily be in the 13.4 range.

I think i can get close to a 13.5 if i have a quarter tank and also raise the launch control a little bit. I had 1.9 60' when i launched at 4k RPM back when i had the LC set at 4500 i would get 1.8 60' all day so i figure knock off .1 from the 60' and that would already get me to 13.6 loose some weight and knock off another .1 so 13.5 is what im aiming for next time.

i ran a 14.2 my first time down the track with just an intake i had a 1.8 60' but i sucked at driving at that point lol my trap speed was 95

Back