weird front driver's side wheel noise

Have you checked for cats or small children that could have gotten caught somewhere under the car? They tend to make a lot of noise when that happens...

Haha! :)

Is it more of a crackling sound? Mine's been doing that since last year when I get into my driveway and each time I ask the dealer to check it out, they can't hear it apparently... Now that's helpful!

hey im an ASE certified technician...ill be coming down to Miami Thursday night and leavin Monday. I wont have my tools or the time to fix it but I can probably check it out for ya and give u an answer...PM me if u want some help. Plus i always like to check out another MSP (yippy)

bump. did you end up fixing your problem? i just heard a weird noise making left turns. :(

no man no time at all and its getting a little worse ... i have noooo idea what it could be ... everything seems fine.. where in miami are you staying drag

Did you try switching the front and rear wheels??? Also check your traction control sensors or whatever they are for hehehe I forget cause they suck anyway...maybe something is dangling and flapping around....maybe somethign is hitting the brake line??? I put on different tires(same size) and when I turn the wheel all the way the edge of the tire rubs my inner fender plastic and slowly wore a hole in it.

I'm gonna try switching the tires. Theyre all 18X8 so I dont need a specific order right? For example Front passenger to rear passenger only.

I had a small squeek forever and couldnt find it. I evntually found it by mistake. It was my heatshield for my brakes. It had broke the weld and every now and then it would rub. Drove me nuts!

I'm gonna try switching the tires. Theyre all 18X8 so I dont need a specific order right? For example Front passenger to rear passenger only.

yea...if ur tires are rotational which they most likely are then only front to back

I feel your pain speed 1016 ...I had a squeak in my pickup that was so annoying and I finally took the wheel off and the heatshield had rusted so bad it was falling apart and resting on my rotor...some good old hammering put that to rest. As dragtillidie said....check on the tire and see if there is an arrow showing rotation direction. If you don't have one it doesn't matter but if they do don't put em backwards or they won't work very well. You can put them back if you still have the same problem and at least rule out the possibility that it has something to do with the tire/wheels

finally fixed it! bad wheel bearing.

car drives so smooth now!

My drivers side wheel bearing went bad today (83,000 Miles). What was the charges and time it took to do the job? I'm glad you got it fixed and I had a feeling it was the wheel bearing. What was your mileage when it went bad?

367 (mp3yellow

Last edited:
Back