Weird Brake feel

Subghetto

:
2008 Nissan Rouge; Former 2002 Mazda Protege 5 owner
Well today as I was coming back from school some duchebag in a celica GTS now you would think that a person with that car would know how to drive it, but no this guys did'nt know what the **** he was doing I was driving on my merry way prob doing 10-15 because I saw this guy pull out of a pc richards paking lot and then I'am on my own lane and this guy stops all the way to the shoulder so I don't think anything out of and then out of nowhere he ******* trys to make a ******* U turn (chair)w/o letting me know or signaling thank god I reacted quick enough and stopped in time or else I would have smashed into his front door I was so ******* (pissed) I got out and wanted to take this guy out of the car and beat the s*** out of him but I looked and the guy was like 58 looked old and scared LOL he prob thought I was going to shoot him he felt like such a duche I checked and my front bumper and it was literally like a few inches from his door nothing got ****** not a single thing thank god.

Anyway here is my question I slammed on my brakes mad hard so hard that they smell and now they feel really weird like worn out will this last a while or will it go away? and how many times can we slam on our breakes mad hard before we need to change them. Do you guys think anything got ****** up because of this? thanks Sorry for the long story but I had to vent.

Have you looked at your pads? They were probably smelling from the pads getting real hot. Give it a day or two and look at it again...if there's plenty of pad left you're fine.

Autoxing my car, I use the brakes like they were meant to be used, ie, HARD, and I haven't had any problems yet.

Wow, that was kinda hard to read without punctuation. Anyways. There is a SLIGHT chance you glazed the pads. Or you boiled the brakes and now there is air in the system. If you just glazed them they will re-bed themselves, or you may have to just sand the rotors.

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to bleed your brakes too. I can't imagine why your brakes aren't responding after one emergency stop. And the smell is the pads, not to worry.

Chances are they are fine. Just give yourself a little more room while braking for now just to make sure nothing is FUBARed.

apexlater said:
Wow, that was kinda hard to read without punctuation. Anyways. There is a SLIGHT chance you glazed the pads. Or you boiled the brakes and now there is air in the system. If you just glazed them they will re-bed themselves, or you may have to just sand the rotors.

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to bleed your brakes too. I can't imagine why your brakes aren't responding after one emergency stop. And the smell is the pads, not to worry.

Chances are they are fine. Just give yourself a little more room while braking for now just to make sure nothing is FUBARed.

agreed

Thanks guys I will probably bleed the brakes but today I was driving and everything feels as it should so I'am cool.

well just unscrew the cap to the break and tap your brake pedel... it might overflow but it should to much.

Latest posts

Back