Weapon-r intake

They're ok. I think you're better off going with something like a Simota or an Injen, they seem really popular, so you can pick one up used. Or, if you're feeling adventurous, try making one. Its actually not that bad, I made one for my Accord and it works good. That said, I don't really think there's anything wrong with them. The Weapon-R's are a good intake.

i had a weapon-r for my civic a couple years back, and i LOVED it! well worth the money, and i could tell a difference in power. not a HUGE difference, but a difference none-the-less.

i say go for it... i loved mine for the civic. it was the secret weapon, and last i checked, they don't make that model for the p5, but i'd imagine any of their other stuff is just as good!

i have an extra weapon r intake that was shipped to me by mistake. brand new still in the box. PM me if you're interested

arent a 2003 mazda protege5 2.o manaul tranny the same as the regular protege 2.0 m/t??? they have a weapon r for the regular protege

weapon-r does make an intake for the protege. all i was saying was the specific model of intake that i had on my civic, last i checked, they did not make for the protege. they had different ones for the protege though. i did however get on their site last night, and it appears that now they do make the same model that i had on my civic.

Or, if you're feeling adventurous, try making one. Its actually not that bad, I made one for my Accord and it works good. That said, I don't really think there's anything wrong with them. The Weapon-R's are a good intake.

I have a Weapon R dragon intake on my other car. To be honest with you, once the filter gets replaced its basically a polished pipe and i think the rubber has weapon r stamped. I just wish I had someone's cold air intake to use as a guide, then all I'd have to do is go to an exhaust shop and have them bend the pipes just like the donor's pipe, pick up the fittings and a K&N cone and there you have your own custom made cold air intake. You could either take the time to polish it to a mirror finish or paint it however you want it. A pipe is a pipe, what counts is the filter. Not sure how much a section of pipe would cost but I'd say it can be done for way cheaper than the ones you buy and have the same result. I'm like you, Injen makes a beautiful intake, but I have 4 kids and paying that much for an intake is at the bottom of my list. The Simota looks nice, don't know about the filter, but that's what I was going to go with....unless I run across a donor. (naughty)

BTW I just checked Jegs for an idea of the cost of a pipe. A 3" O.D. in a 4 ft. section is $17.99. A local shop would probably charge by the foot since I'm sure you wouldn't need 4 ft. but that gives you an idea. A good filter would run $40-$50. Connectors will vary depending on whether you go rubber or silicone and hose clamps are next to nothin.

Last edited:
yeah like everyone's been saying, a pipe is a pipe. as long as you go either 2.5" or 3" you'll be fine. might be easiest to pick up a cheap ass ebay CAI and buy a K&N filter (yes it will allow better flow then the weapon-r).

or just do what a lot of people do and pick up a used one. as long as you can clean the filter or get a new one there's no point in buying new lol

give it a little bit of time. there's always people buying turbo kits and not needing theirs any more and people who are parting out have them. a good part is worth the wait especially if you can land one for less than half the price of new.

Back