water to air intercooler

thanks I like watching the coolent spin. you should make a little air box so you dont suck so much hot air.

You missed my comment that I turned it into a CAI system.

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

there you go awsome. Hey are you amazed how good this thing is. I drive to work and ill touch the hot pipe then the cold. Night and day im amazed. Highest temp so far after heat soak while parked is 124 after driving it dropps quick.

I'll let you know when the car is on the road. I still have battery relocation to finish up, then putting the splash guards back on, then putting the interior back together, then troubleshooting any hiccups with the swap. Hoping by the end of May it will be registered and on the road.

sweet good luck on all of it..I just passed smog so freaking happy didnt think I would lol.

My car's 25 years old so I don't have to worry about any emissions. EGR is gone and there aren't any cats right now. The exhaust might be too loud though, so I might have to put a high flow cat in, but that won't be too bad. Once I get this project car done the MSP might be getting the same IC system.

lucky, im running 2 aero resonaters really nice drone. Was not happy with the straight it was so loud in the cabin the kids were always complaining.

All three of us posting in one thread? Crazy! LOL, Yea, I love this setup on the MSP. I'm always surprised the temp difference of the hot and cold pipes too. It's amazing how well this little intercooler works. This setup wasn't working as well on the S14, but I didn't have the radiator in a very good spot (the air was going around instead of through it) so I'm in the middle of re-locating it so the air coming in the front bumper HAS to go through the radiator, which is how I have the MSP set up.

I like how you guys are running a reservoir right off the water outlet of the IC core. I think I'm going to have to rework my setup to fit with the 505zoom intake that's on the way, so I'll have to take that design into consideration. I've been thinking about going with a different core anyways.

not no more bro. Before when i had the small radiator (oe) i replaced the stocker ic with a atv radiator same size then ran my heat exchanger up front. Worked well had more volume so temp took longer to fluctuate. Ill see if i can find a pic.

What are you guys intercooler/radiator combo's? I'll start;

MSP
Intercooler. Picture is a link where I bought this from. This is my first setup. I don't have any pictures, but I've gotten rid of the "closed" system with the radiator cap and went to a normal reservoir.

Radiator. Picture is a link again. I had to notch out the bumper support to clear this, but only by about an inch.

S14 w/a CA18DET
Intercooler. Pic is a link. This is my first setup. The pump failed after about 3 days and the lines I used were WAY too small (1/2")

Radiator. I don't have a picture of it mounted on the S14 yet, so I'll just link to the one I used. I had originally mounted this straight to the condenser for the A/C, but the air wasn't flowing through it properly and the system would start to heat soak unless I was on the highway. I'm in the middle of moving it forward so that it's right behind the opening for the front bumper. The air coming in through there will HAVE to travel through the radiator now.
http://www.frozenboost.com/product_...=1026&osCsid=bf5cfbf7a5fbaf5a5b2e58ce743c8aa4

Last edited:
I got my cooling lines diconected from the throttle body, have any of you spliced the cooling lines back in through your intercooler been thinking of doing that. Hopeful out come is that i could pull some heat out the manifold..ill try to do it next week if posibble gota get the hardware.

Huh, I had not thought of that. I just pulled those lines and capped off the TB nipples. IMO, I doubt the amount of heat you'd pull out of the charge air would be worth the extra plumbing, but I'll give you creativity points for thinking of it! haha

it wouldnt be out of the air it would be from the mani..from the aluminum best result of this would be a heat spacer gasket and the cool water going through the throttle acting as a heat sink.

Right, but the ultimate point is to cool the charge air flowing through the TB and mani. I just doubt that the amount of heat you can actually remove via those TB coolant lines will be significant. Now if you were to hook those lines up to a compressed C02 tank and blow a mist of liquid C02 through there, you might be onto something :D

Back