water lines

dominoy2k1

Contributor
:
02 1500 4x4, mp3
so i finally decided to hook up water lines to turbo. the only problem is that i have no idea how to hook em up. like where to get inlet line and where to connect outlet line. any help will be appreciated.

on my car, it gets the water from the water line next to the water temp sensor in the upper radiator hose.

you prolly shouldnt run the water lines, it just makes your car run hotter, well at least it does on the proteges. top one is usually in and bottom is usually out. i dont run them cause it runs cooler with out them.

just my 2 cents.

dominoy2k1 said:
the only problem is that my turbo sits lower than the fm kit and outlet waterline is really low. i am pretty sure i will have problems with water flowing back into the system. maybe i am thinking about to hard.
Yeah, you're thinking too hard. . .

Remember that the water in the lines is not comming in contact with the bearing at all, it just goes around the oil compartment so to speak. I don't think the turbo sitting lower should make a big difference as the water pump is what moves the water.

water is actually a very big cooling device for turbos, and i would highly recommend doing it! Secondly waterlines should run horizontal not vertical, oil lines need to run vertical to drain properly. As linux stated the water pump moves the water so it shouldnt make a difference with height.

Back