Watch out for front window tinting

Got to love Arizona.

The front windshield can have a 4" strip across the top.
The driver & front passenger windows can have a max of 35% tint.

The B pillar back can be as dark as you want it.
If you have two side mirrors you can even paint the inside of your windows black. If you want to see what is legal tint in AZ then click on the www button below and see my car.

The reason for the tint laws is for Officer Safety.

Too many Officers were being shot to death or obtaining serious physical injuries becuse they could not see inside the car. They couldn't see that the driver had a gun.

They are not being Dicks for the fun of it. Its more of a protection of " The Family".

After you have been to the hospital or a funeral where friends or co-workers have been shot in the line of duty you'll understand.

When you are pulled over, turn on your inside lights (at night), keep your hands on the wheel or in plain view, roll down your window, turn off your engine, turn off the stereo and keep your cool.

If you fail the attitude check you will get a ticket or even a pair of matching bracelets and a free ride to the county jail.

In Arizona, Disorderly Conduct is a catch all for being dumb in public. You can go to jail in AZ for Dis-Con.

Just remember everything in moderation, nothing in excess.

Be safe,

Bill

Last edited:
Sorry to be a pain in the ass mod, but we are trying to clean up all the forums to make it easier to search for items, and less cluttered. In the future, please post in the appropriate forum...example - Intakes, dispite being for the Protege5, belong in the performance section. Buying a carbon fiber hood for your Protege5 belongs in the Appearance section. If you raced someone in your Protege5 it still belongs in the Racing/Motorsports section. If you have any questions, comments, or complaints, feel free to PM me at any time.

Thanks again for your patience as we clear up the forums to make it better for you!

Off to the appearance section :)

In SC we can tint all windows, but I am not sure if the windshield is allowed. I know you can have factory tint and it USED to be that you could have it as long as it didn't go under the line on windshield, but I don't know if that has changed. (dunno) I know it varies from state to state.

PeaB0dy said:
Front window tinting is just stupid..

You should have the best visibility, and out of any window, it should be the front one.

You do need to see where you are going..

Tint does remove some visibility, and even more so at night..

You get into an accident, you will be so ******...

Well... it depends... I have no visibility problems with my front (side) widows tinted. Actually, it's much better now when I drive after dark in the city b/c I get less glare in my mirrors from cars (especially SUVs) behind me. It used to really annoy me sometimes...

my parents haven't gotten ticketed for no front plate on their porsche and lexus even when pulled over for other stuff. cops definitely leave nice cars alone and for good reason (the porsche's aerodynamics are affected greatly and the lexus just looks ugly with one) I took mine off of my audi recently and only time will tell if it's exempt since it used to be expensive.. (thumb)

Back