Part number for replacement window motor? 2010 CX-9 Drivers side front

LordJezo

The motor is finally giving out, when I put the window up the gears are grinding terribly and its only a matter of time before it stops working completely.

I need a replacement motor for the front automatic window on a 2010 drivers side front window. I see a lot of different ones out there and not sure if they are all the same.

Hey, I may be late but, you can get a window gear for like 8+ bucks on Amazon or maybe cheaper on eBay
2010 Mazda cx9 window regulator gear, it should pop up, the hardest part is getting the door skin off. Pretty simple cheap fix, I’ve done it like 5 times so far on mine

Hey, I may be late but, you can get a window gear for like 8+ bucks on Amazon or maybe cheaper on eBay
2010 Mazda cx9 window regulator gear, it should pop up, the hardest part is getting the door skin off. Pretty simple cheap fix, I’ve done it like 5 times so far on mine
I was able to replace the front window fine, went to replace the back. Front was easy like you said, after popping all the door stuff out and unscrewing the old motor the new one went on like nothing.

Went to do the back one. Got everything apart, it was all going great, went to get the new motor on. The regulator gear didnt line up right so I went to wiggle it around and get the motor on. Instead of getting the motor on the regulator springs all popped out, the gear flew away, and the whole thing unspooled and fell into the door well.

oops.

I now have a new window regulator and get to learn how to install one of those this weekend.

Ouch…. Sorry to hear, the motor, if I remember correctly, you can pry it open carefully, and just switch out the gear, it’s usually the bigger gear that looses a few teeth but, instead of $35-40 for a new motor, the gear is pretty cheap, like I mentioned, anywhere from like 5ish to 10 bucks. Just food for thought on the next one…. All the Best!!

Ouch…. Sorry to hear, the motor, if I remember correctly, you can pry it open carefully, and just switch out the gear, it’s usually the bigger gear that looses a few teeth but, instead of $35-40 for a new motor, the gear is pretty cheap, like I mentioned, anywhere from like 5ish to 10 bucks. Just food for thought on the next one…. All the Best!!
Not the motor, that would be easy, the regulator is the thing on the other side of the door panel that the window sits on and its what the motor moves up and down.

It's much more of a pain to replace. Going to be messy out there.

Yeah, I've been careful and quite lucky not to have dropped that part, I've heard how tough it is to retrieve, I was just letting you know, you may not have to change the full motor every time, the gear inside the motor can be found cheap,

You’ll hear the grinding noise, you’ll know it when you hear it, if you’re not getting the grind, and you’ve got no movement in the window, it’s probably the motor. You can carefully pry the motor apart to see the gears, it’s usually the biggest one in there, carefully pry….

Back