wastegate never connected to vacuum lines?

johnny254

:
mazdaspeed protege
I'm not the original owner of my speed protg, I was looking to install a MBC and was using the "how to" thread posted here. I noticed that I don't have a "t" that connects the BOV to the Intake manifold and the wastegate. All I have is a direct line from the BOV to the manifold, and the wastegate is not connected to any vacuum line. Is there a purpose to this or do I buy a "t" and add the wastegate to the "t" and have them all connected like the pics from the thread so that I can install a MBC. It also has been hesitating at lower RPM, eventually the hesitation stops and actually accelerates better, I kinda sorta feather the gas pedal. I was going to buy the Split Second A/F controller, but then I found this wastegate issue and decided to hold off until it is resolved. Yes, I'M A NEWBEE! all info is appreciated. thanks.(thought)

if you don't have a vac line attached to your wastegate you should really address that asap as without that you can boost to infinity and beyond and set yourself up for a bad day cause these applications do not take boost above 10psi on stock internals well.

go to the store and get a tee and connect the waste gate up to the mani ASAP. Also I would stay out of boost until you fix this if you don't have a boost gauge.

as for the hesitation its a normal thing for the car between 3-4.5k rpm its kinda lame. This is due to the stock tune and you will need an SSAFC or other piggy back EMS to get around that. Search the forums you will find thousands of threads regarding this.

Back