waste gate question 03 mazdaspeed

lalatoyab4

:
03 mazdaspeed
We have a upgraded Garrett t28r turbo and were thinking there's a problem with the waste gate my question is when they put the upgraded turbo on should they have put a upgraded waste gate or is the original oneoriginal one fine.

If the oem one is still there, replace it with an ATP. Those stock actuators (WGAs) are famous for taking a crap.

To be honest this is the second one we've owed the one before this we rebuilt it and it we didn't have a intercooler on it or a bov and the upgraded trubo it looks like the original but we're not sure he is takring it off today my other also had a boost gauge were this one didn't so we put on in were getting a -11 to -13 so we know there's a vac leak somewhere from ever bit of research we've done were getting it might be the waste gate plus were wondering if the vac lines are ran right the waste gate and Bov are ran to the in take some things I've read say it's wrong some say it's right

this manual doesn't specifiy the turbo system add ons, but you should be able to follow all the parent lines and figure out where the turbo ones were added.
http://www.mazdaspd.com/manuals.html

look up intake or vac system. what not. the wastegate diaphrams do tear though. when you pull it out; blow in it and if you can, you found your problem.
atp is the solution for sure.

also use the propane test around all hose couplings ect. if engine rpm increases you found your problem.

Also if you have a problem reading how I write on here. Please just don't read and differently no reason to comment.

lol. I think he was trying to help. There is a lot of info from a lot of experienced people on this site. Some of them will look at that post and just back-click though.
Yes we'll help, but no, we won't give ourselves a headache trying to read the question. 3rd grade grammar is all we ask.

Now go blow into that WGA! I'll bet it's your problem. It was when my MSP had those symptoms.

Last edited:
Back