Warranty coverage.

Bumper to bumper warranty. It doesn't have to be a 'defect' to be covered. Damn right it should be covered under a new car warranty.

Bumper to bumper warranty. It doesn't have to be a 'defect' to be covered. Damn right it should be covered under a new car warranty.

I dunno, I thought warranty covered defects, not abuse, and if it didn't arrive torn, it WAS torn, and that means the warranty should cover busted windshields from rocks and flat tires from nails, and it don't.

I dunno, I thought warranty covered defects, not abuse, and if it didn't arrive torn, it WAS torn, and that means the warranty should cover busted windshields from rocks and flat tires from nails, and it don't.

Definitely a gray area, but bumper to bumper warranty usually covers all but wear items (windshield wipers, tires, brake pads) although if your brake pads wear out too soon, you probably have case.

As for the torn weatherstrip - if your jacket with the broken zipper snagged it and ripped it, then no it is not covered. But if it froze and tore as others experienced with the 17/18 model, then it will likely be covered at least once. If it is considered a design defect it is often covered.

Dealers like to get paid, and if it looks like warranty, they usually put it through. If it looks like abuse they won't.

I have had a cracked windshield covered before. Huge temperature drop one day, next morning walked into garage and it was cracked, no chips anywhere. Dealer covered it no problem.

Yea, iness thinking more along the frozen. Not a defect but just s*** that happened. Lom

Had my center console latch break, was covered under warranty no problem. Could've been sent to the abuse area, but wasn't. Give it a go, the worst they could do is say no.

Had my center console latch break, was covered under warranty no problem. Could've been sent to the abuse area, but wasn't. Give it a go, the worst they could do is say no.

Exactly. Most decent dealers will cover you because they know if they do, you're probably a lot more likely to come back...and maybe buy your next vehicle there, too.

Yea, iness thinking more along the frozen. Not a defect but just s*** that happened. Lom
Wow. You guys understood that? Fail autocorrect.
"Yea I was thinking more along the lines like the frozen ones."
I have no idea what lom is.

weatherseal is cheap and easy to fix. technically not warranty but good customer service especially if you're having something else done like an oil change

weatherseal is cheap and easy to fix. technically not warranty but good customer service especially if you're having something else done like an oil change
Not sure on CX-5. Many years ago I tried to replace the weather seal on liftgate of my 1987 VW Vanagon, it was $200+ for OEM parts!

Back