W00T I think I am the first to have these...Maddad Gauges Review/pics (56k no)

Update - video added
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRCmZDbQkxk

So I finally have these installed after our little girl was born two weeks ago, figured I would share some pics and a review because to my knowledge nobody else with an MS3 has them. Much like the Cobb AP I had learned all about these gauges from the STI forums back when I was thinking we were leaning that way.

I read countless reviews and many people contested that these were the only gauges available that rivaled the Defi gauges for accuracy, build quality, fit and finish etc. at nearly half the price given you don't need to by a separate sending unit

So anyways that little casual reading stuck with me when it came time to look at getting some gauges for the MS3. I e-mailed Maddad from the link below and explained I was a bit of a gauge newb and wondered if I was perhaps missing something that would make these gauges incompatible with the MS3 since I had only seen prosport, defi, stri etc. installed and figured people knew something i didn't.

Turns out nobody seems to know about them vs. an actual reason so for the price, features and look I wanted I figured I would go out on a limb and be the first and am I ever glad I did. The pictures don't do these justice at all but i think you get the idea.... Jimmy at street performance (local shop in TO) did the install for me (holly crap thats a job and half so i recommend going to someone who knows what they are doing if you don't feel comfortable) and I couldn't be happier with how they look and perform (they match our colours etc.)

So I give them an A+

Pictures
STI Like sweep at startup
DSC_0451.jpg

Random pics
DSC_0457.jpg

DSC_0468.jpg

DSC_0465.jpg

DSC_0469-1.jpg

Link to where i got them:
MadDad(TM) Clarity Ultra Series 60mm 3 Gauge Bundle from $341 :: Gauges/Pods :: Daddy's Sport Compact Performance
A long time in the making. MadDad(TM) Clarity Ultra Series gauges are like nothing you've seen before. From their larger than life 66mm faces(universal 60mm mounting) with the clean OEM look Clarity gauges are famous for, to the wireless remote that replaces unsightly control boxes these gauges represent the flagship in the MadDad(TM) Clarity line. The 3 gauge bundle offers a huge discount on the individual gauge prices and includes the $40 dollar wireless remote for FREE. MadDad(TM) Clarity Ultra gauges can claim bragging rights in your car with the following features:

* 66mm gauge faces are larger than the competitions filling out a 3 gauge 60mm(they fit into a 60mm pod) pod very nicely. The large face combined with the logo free design Clarity gauges are famous for means easy at a glance reading like no others.
* Power on needle sweep very similiar to a Subaru Impreza WRX/STi with only the needle lit up on the initial single startup sweep.
* The latest generation of LED backlighting. Visibility is not washed away on sunny days unlike most "smoked" lens blackout gauges.
* Amber/Red backlight matching a Subaru Impreza WRX/STi and many other cars such as Mitsubishi EVO.
* User adjustable warning lamp. (lamp lights and needle flashes)
* Audible warning - can be turned on/off.
* External Warnign Lamp Port - each gauge will interface with large external warning lamp(shift light type) available separately
* External Device Control Port - allows adding functions to the gauge, using the gauge face as a device control panel:
* Turbo Timer - intefaces with Boost gauge Control Port. Adds turbo timer function. Set run time using gauge face/needle. Require use of wireless remote(including in all 3 gauge bundles).
* Aux. Radiator Fan Contorl - interfaces with water temp gauge and activates on water temp warning setting.
* Intercooler Water Spray Control - TBA
* 50 second datalog record/playback(playback on gauge face)
* Pressure gauges include calibration set function to "0" the psi level for given elevations ensuring the best accuracy.
* Peak value record and recall
* Aluminum housing to dissipate heat.
* The higheset quality sending unit available. All sending units accurate to within 1% max
* Best off all - NO CONTROL BOXES to clutter your dash and NO BUTTONS on the gauge face cluttering the clean look. All functions are controlled by a multi-function wireless remote included in all 3 gauge bundles.

Video showing the wireless features etc.
YouTube - MadDad(TM) Ultra 60mm Gauges

Last edited:
Is red the only color? How do they look in the daylight? My Prosports are impossible to see when in the red setting in the daytime.

does it come with that pod? if not, where did you get it? looks clean man!

Slightly off topic... Those wheels look amazing on your MS3, Unoriginaluser!!! Any more pics?

No that was an overpriced custom job unfortunately

i was figuring on that one. I was like damn with a price like that for the pod too! They REALLY need to start making dash pods for this damn car. Your custom job looks sexy and expensive but very nice! (nana)

1.25 off topic those HDR images look ridiculous! And yeah, like everyone said, those guages look nice as well as the enclosure that theyre sitting in. You have great taste in mods with your car. Keep it up!

pardon my ignorance, but what's the point of these gauges? why do you need to look at those numbers?

jeeze, that looks amazing. if you dont mind me asking...what was the break down of prices from gauges to install (trying to figure out if I can afford something even half as nice)

w/ the pod did ur installer mold it to the dash? if so how does the texture compare to the rest of the dash? and what type of shop did this work?

pardon my ignorance, but what's the point of these gauges? why do you need to look at those numbers?

Keeps you informed of your cars vital signs. The stock idiot lights are just that. I overheated with steam billowing out ofrom under the hood and the stock gauge still read i was ok. Not till I pulled over and shut it down did it read it was hot.

Aftermarket gauges that utalize their own senders are much more accurate

Boost gauges can show you an spikes or help you catch a leak if you start seeing a different trend. it is also just kind of neat to compare the different cobb maps and see which maps what boost and where.

Oil pressure and EGT are handy as well... for example egt can be an indication of lean afr's. they are half eyecandy and half useful information

jeeze, that looks amazing. if you dont mind me asking...what was the break down of prices from gauges to install (trying to figure out if I can afford something even half as nice)

w/ the pod did ur installer mold it to the dash? if so how does the texture compare to the rest of the dash? and what type of shop did this work?
Expect to pay about $300-400 or so for a spare dash piece, pod from ebay and the work for someone to integrate them together into a new pod dash piece. Crazy expensive at this point which is why it would be nice if these were mass produced.

If you're like me and don't have the skills to install expect to shell out a few bones for that too

Back