Vibrating Driver's Side View Mirror

tex2670

Grand Poobah
Anyone notice that the driver's sideview mirror vibrates excessively at highway speeds? Anyone know of a TSIB for this?

This has been a problem since 2007. Search the forum, but there have been a couple of possible solutions that have worked with minimal effect. Sorry to say that this continues to be a noted design flaw.

OMG, I noticed this the day I drove my new cx9 home a month ago. It's an actual known issue? I thought I'd be able to bring it in and they could tighten it down or something. holy cow.

if it's under warranty definitely complain to the dealer. you will probably get a replacement mirror if you pester enough.

I just got my driver's side mirror repaired under warranty. There is a TSB on this: 09-009/11. I didn't see the details of the repair, but it sounded like there was a reinforcement bracket installed in the door. There were two parts listed on the repair:

TEY1-59-186 BRACKET (L), CORNER
TEY1-69-1R7 REINF. (L), F-DOOR

I had vibration on bumpy streets (which looks to be fixed). I haven't tried the vehicle out on the highway where I also noticed mirror vibrations. I am glad Mazda addressed this issue.

----
2011 CX-9 GT

Yeah, that TSB basically says take the mirror off and put a piece of padding between the mirror body and the base...some sort of adhesive pad so that you can still collapse the mirror and not tear the pad out.

If anyone wants that tsb just send me your email address and I'll send it to you. Too much work for me honestly, its not worth my time.

Totally noticed this the day I brought home my CX-9. Scheduled for my first oil change (on the house, no less) this week. I'll bring it to the service manager.

Just took my CX-9 to dealer for maintenance and also mentioned the driver seat side mirror vibration when driving in highway. The dealer said they could not find the excessively vibration when they drove my cx-9 in city. If I wanted to have their technician check again in highway, I have to go there again weekday instead of Saturday.

This has been a problem on my 2012 since I bought it new in Nov 2012. First attempt in April 2013, which didn't work, was to replace glass.

Today the dealer fixed under TSB 09-044/12 " installed new corner bracket and outer mirror". Need more highway time to confirm fix, but it seems better.

I had my dealer install the bracket on mine and it's maybe 30% better at highway speeds. It drives me crazy since I catch it out of the corner of my eye. I start noticing small vibrations at city speeds as slow as 30MPH. It's a constant at 60 plus.

Stealth,

Please keep us posted as to whether it's completely or partially fixed at highway speeds. I had the bracket put in on my 2011 with only modest results on the highway. Thanks!

I just got my driver's side mirror repaired under warranty. There is a TSB on this: 09-009/11. I didn't see the details of the repair, but it sounded like there was a reinforcement bracket installed in the door. There were two parts listed on the repair:

TEY1-59-186 BRACKET (L), CORNER
TEY1-69-1R7 REINF. (L), F-DOOR

I had vibration on bumpy streets (which looks to be fixed). I haven't tried the vehicle out on the highway where I also noticed mirror vibrations. I am glad Mazda addressed this issue.

----
2011 CX-9 GT

This has been a problem on my 2012 since I bought it new in Nov 2012. First attempt in April 2013, which didn't work, was to replace glass.

Today the dealer fixed under TSB 09-044/12 " installed new corner bracket and outer mirror". Need more highway time to confirm fix, but it seems better.

Do you have a copy of the TSB you can post?

I am not going to start a new thread, but every time I wash my car, the passenger side mirror is dripping water for one full day. Being it is a black car and we have hard water, I have to wax off water stains for a full day, esp it gets blown all over the side of the car. Is there any fix for this.

I am not going to start a new thread, but every time I wash my car, the passenger side mirror is dripping water for one full day. Being it is a black car and we have hard water, I have to wax off water stains for a full day, esp it gets blown all over the side of the car. Is there any fix for this.

10, same deal here on the '08. I hate the water spots on the doors.

I push on the top face of the mirror to tilt it up as far as it will go. Then take a small terry cloth rag and force it in below the glass. Slide it side to side, letting it soak up the water. Do the same pushing on the inside of the mirror. Gets 95% of the water.

Ok, I'm ready to declare this TSB fixed my vibration problem. Very stable, I'm happy now.

Ok, I'm ready to declare this TSB fixed my vibration problem. Very stable, I'm happy now.

Thanks! Good to know. I have the bracket only. So I might need to bug them for the mirror as well. I wonder if this is a special mirror with perhaps some sort of cushion built in.

Back