(Very) Detailed Comparison: 2013 Grand Touring AWD w/ Tech vs 2015 Touring AWD

Can't imagine an SRI and cat-back to change much if anything at all.

I'll be getting a CorkSport SRI to try myself soon. Always been curious how it sounds with the catback section removed. Probably like turd. Every 2.0 SkyA-G sounds horrid even with an aftermarket cat-back.

I'm selling mine now since it wont fit the new motor. And, the change in airflow changes how the car performs during spool up, and throttle idle from high rpms> I can definetly tell the difference between the sri and oem in the way rpm's increase/decrease, and not just in full throttle. I have already ordered my 2.5 intake and I don't get the car until Monday.

Last edited:
I have a 2014 CX-5 touring...with old style mirrors. I was considering replacing with new style to reduce wind noise. I drove a new 2015 GT with new style mirrors and there was less wind noise, it seemed. I believe you mentioned that you couldn't tell any difference? Is that correct?

No difference in wind noise, but consider the fact that I haven't compared them above 70. Wind noise does increase in a linear fashion considering speed.

Would you mind to try it at 70 mph and let me know if there is a difference? I am considering purchasing the new mirrors.

I'll give the 2015 a go above 70. But like I stated in the original post, my 2013 never had an issue with wind noise from the mirrors even at 70-80mph. I do have a bit of a rattle in three locations (interior plastics) but that is effected by bumps.

I was able to give both the CX-5's a go after work. No differences in wind noise up to ~75-80MPH.

However, I did notice one more difference. The felt lining in the overhead console's sunglass holder is thicker and softer in the 2015. LOL if that really matters.

2015 GT w/Tech owner here with the new mirror style. I have 2700 miles on mine since delivery just before Memorial day. No mirror or hood shake but I DO get an annoying wind noise which is very noticeable around 35-40mph with the windows and sunroof open. It sounds almost like a rattle of some kind - like something in the chassis. Another minor annoyance which just developed is when I shut down the engine. I'll get a short howl/bark which sounds like something in the driver door almost like an air valve.

Difficult for me to compare vehicles especially since I moved up to the CX-5 from a 23 year old Mazda B-2600 4x2.

It is weird they'd change the mirror design mid-year, without at least calling it a 2015-1/2 or something...

Latest posts

Back