2021 CX-5 Touring end of lease questions

Hi,

I need some help with the end of my lease. I have a Mazda 2021 CX-5 Touring with only 7600 miles and is in an excellent condition. I'm paying $317 per month and the 36 months will finish next August. I want to keep the car. I called Mazda Financial directly and they told me I'll have to pay $22.510 to buyout the car. Do you think this is a good deal? Do you think I could have a better deal if I go to the Mazda dealer where I leased the car?

What's the better option to pay this amount? I'm thinking half in cash and half as a loan

Thanks, any opinion is appreciated

At the current time with your low milage Kelly Blue Book gives a fair price of between 25-27K if purchased from a dealer. Mazda is offering 0% financing but that my only be with new cars but who knows.

I know that our local dealer just listed our 2018 CX5 with 41K miles that we traded in on a 2024 for 24K on their lot!

My only concern would be the issue with the cracked cylinder heads...its rare but can still happen...so your car could be a ticking time bomb.

But if you like the car and since you know its history, 22K sounds fair to me, especially if you can get Mazda to include an extended powertrain warrantee to cover the unlikely cracked head issue.

Last edited:
Back