Ventpod Group Buy Feeler!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? LOL! Are you referring to something mounted atop the dash? That's not my niche.

i know but what i want to know is if u can do something like this
Picture042.jpg

p.s.the reason im asking cause lots of people in the form are asking if n-e-1 has manufacturer this
and i wanted to know if u can do it.

Last edited:
none

i agree with speedyhans, make some like those and for a better price then other sites and they will sell like hot cakes. plus either way these need to come out. ur killin us (dark)

Is the Mazda 6/CX7 adapter ready?

I haven't confirmed the left hand pod in a CX7. However, the center ventpod looks very promising. I need to get into a dash to verify whether they're actually the same vent register.
Anyone on this board know if they're the same....for sure?

If not, I'll have to go for a test ride. I had one board member offer to let me use his vehicle to take measurements, but I don't want (nor do I think he wants) to go digging into his dash. It's an easy R&R, but still.

I haven't forgot about this. It's just that I don't do this full time. I have a day job that I typically work 6 days at, so I try and get this stuff done when the wife and kids don't have me running. ;)

If you ship me a prototype I can check it in my CX7. I can ship the prototype back to you afterwards. USPS is pretty cheap for lightweight packages.

i agree with speedyhans, make some like those and for a better price then other sites and they will sell like hot cakes. plus either way these need to come out. ur killin us (dark)

Truthfully, the pricing I see for these is pretty reasonable. Also, there are usually patent infringement risks involved when copying someone elses design. This is why I've submitted my designs for patent (currently pending).
Could I do it? Sure. Will I? Probably not.

As for the status of the pods I will make...

Let me first say that the following timeline is tentative, and is subject to change...
I should be able to start the making the tools in 2-3 weeks. Regardless of what may have been stated earlier, this is where we're at. As stated, we've been shooting for 100 "buy-in's" to get this rolling. We are steadily approaching that number, and I have every confidence that we'll get there, so I'm okay with getting started on tools before we reach that mark. I can't work any faster than I am. There is no "Easy" button, LOL!

I hope I don't sound like a broken record here, but Hang in there, gang!

o ok well if u can make me one plz pm with more info

Oh, you're talking about a "one-off"? That's even more expensive than mass produced.
Put it this way, the prototypes I made for the 3 and 6 cost 5 times what the production units will cost. That piece, using the same process, would easily cost $300 or more.

Still interested?

Add me to the list, just because I think it's great that youre creating a well thought-out product for us.

I already have my boost gauge located on my steering column, but i think I may switch to this when they are finished.

I'm gonna have to pass on this, some unexpected expenses have come up so all non-necessary spending has been put to a hault for a few months. Good thing we got the MS3 before this happened, so at least I've got the car.

Hey! Good news folks....the center pod design will work in the CX-7!! The 6 and the CX-7 use the exact same register assembly, so our center ventpod will work for both models!!

Giddy-up!

Also, the left hand vent in the CX-7 is also basically a 6 part. I will make any small revisions necessary to make sure that the 6 kit will work in the CX-7 also!!

WHO NEEDS TWO???!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back