Used Mazda Protege 5 2003

xjfenske

Hey just bought a used mazda 03, basicly got it for a steal. The background of the mazda was that it was repoed. The car works great, but the only thing i dont find that is working is the security system. I was wondering since they had to break into it and use the shift lock release. Is if they disabled the security system. If anyone knew how to reactivated it. I would app any info. Thanks

Honestly, I was never that impressed with the factory security system from Mazda. I'd say just replace it with an aftermarket alarm. My personal favorite would be one of the "Responder/Matrix" based systems from DEI (http://www.directed.com/) as they have 2 way remotes which let you know when your alarm is going off. Only real downside that I have seen is that the remotes are expensive to replace if you loose or break it.

im surprised they had to break into it usually they just yank it and run... or if its at night they usually put it on a dolly and run.. but the factory alarm harness is right under the dash maybe they just disconnected it.

welcome and nice choice on your new ride.......get a aftermarket alarm installed. Viper or some other 2-way communication alarm......

-R

chronus377 said:
Congrats on the new p5. I'm curious... what did you get the car for? Hope you don't mind me asking.
well i just recently came off of deployment so i needed a new car. I use to drive nothing but jeeps, but ive been gone for around 8 months and gas is still the same. plus i liked the look of the 5, hatch backs are pretty sweet. but im still lookin out for another jeep.

Back