upgrade to mazda3 windshield washer nozzles?

whitemp5seattle

Contributor
:
carbon grey 2005 SP23 sedan
Has anybody thought about replacing the protege5 washer nozzles with the mazda3 ones? I know the 2007 mazda3 washer nozzles have 3 or 4 jets coming out of each one, while the protege5 only has 2.

I think the main thing would be fitment, but another consideration would be the higher amount of pressure needed to shoot 4 jets versus 2...can our washer fluid pump support 3 or 4 jets per nozzle instead of 2?

discuss.

the tribute nozzles work, and they spray a "mist" instead of a couple of pissing streams

(hand) sorry I didn't realize you had posted twice...the 2nd time I thought it was someone else posting

i'm sure there's someone out there selling JDM high performance washer nozzles and if there isn't i'm jumping all over that money making idea! move over spinning hub caps!!

Mine were 1 piss stream on each side but when I got new hood they were of the 2 piss stream on each side type - much better, even adjustable aiming, just put a pick in the hole & put them where I wanted them to hit. I don't really go for the mist thing on the freeway but that's just my personal preference. Either is better than the single stream ones. Bet the mist ones would be annoying in frozen climates since the mist would freeze faster than streams....dunno, it's not like that here.

njaremka said:
i put some on, direct replacement, and they work great :D
really? which year tribute, or does it matter? it's an absolute b**** trying to aim those stupid nozzles... the mist (to me) is much better.

how exactly do you remove the old ones and replace them with the new ones? i would be VERY interested in doing this

DON'T MAKE ME WANT TO DO ANOTHER MOD! This week already I've done the CX-7 antenna, my 6 wagon rear wiper is in the mail, and now I'll have to go order these! I can't stand the piss streams. This is the first non "mist" spray pattern car I've had and it annoys me to tears.

Anyway, PART #s for mod from someone who has done this!

hey wait just a minute now...let's get this thread back on track! (gun)

mazda3 windshield washer nozzles have at least 3 jets per nozzle! Tribute nozzles sound like a good plan B, but can anyone vouch for the 3 nozzles? I'd check myself except I won't see my car for another 2.5 weeks since I'm traveling for work...

Back