Twiggy Sticks Install, tuning and results thread

^did you have to run an EMS with the jdm cams? or how did you take care of the idle problems and the like?

^did you have to run an EMS with the jdm cams? or how did you take care of the idle problems and the like?

JDM cams are pretty mild, you don't need anything. Remember, they're stock cams in most parts of the world.

Yup. And the difference between JDM and an aggressive set of aftermarket cams is huge. My car picked up about 15 hp up to with the Integral S2s versus my stock cams (which are the same as the 160 horse FS-ZE JDM cams)... which we had to tune down to 13 hp higher (via camgears) because the car wouldn't idle at all at 0-0... :D

The difference was the same, both in tuned and untuned state... but at least in tuned state, I can keep my idle at a sensible (but lopey) 700-800 rpm.

Yup. And the difference between JDM and an aggressive set of aftermarket cams is huge. My car picked up about 15 hp up to with the Integral S2s versus my stock cams (which are the same as the 160 horse FS-ZE JDM cams)... which we had to tune down to 13 hp higher (via camgears) because the car wouldn't idle at all at 0-0... :D

The difference was the same, both in tuned and untuned state... but at least in tuned state, I can keep my idle at a sensible (but lopey) 700-800 rpm.

Tough call on that one. I think the Jordy bouncing video beats the exhaust vid. LOL

Sounds nice !

i have a protege mp3 i have a short ram intake, header, and a headerback corksport exhaust. i was wondering how many wheel and crank horsepower do i have???also will cams increase my h/p and will a single route intake manifold change increase h/p. i want to keep my car all n/a.

i have a protege mp3 i have a short ram intake, header, and a headerback corksport exhaust. i was wondering how many wheel and crank horsepower do i have???also will cams increase my h/p and will a single route intake manifold change increase h/p. i want to keep my car all n/a.

You have exactly 342.61HP at the wheels...

Seriously though, how the hell should we know? Get it dynoed. With your listed mods I'd put you at about 150 crank HP, maybe closer to 145. The MP3's came stock with 140 remember.

So has anyone in California (preferably an NA) installed these on their car?

I'm very interested in hearing your thoughts and/or experiences on whether I would still pass CA emissions with these installed...

In terms of duration there not that radically different then the stock JDM cams or the mazdaspeed cams.

I should think that with the right cat youd pass no worries, but then I dont have emissions where I live.

Last edited:
Back