Tweaking the Deck/Sub?

B

Ben

I am not much of an audio enthusiast, so I'm lost as to which of the deck settings I should tweak, and if I should be messing with the knobs on the sub. I'm mostly into house/trance music, and some hiphop/R&B with preferably heavy bass...what should I do?

on the su, I moved the crossover pretty low and the volume approximately mid way.

then I put the balance to 2 REAR. I put my bass to +2, my mid at 1.5khz and +2, my treble at 15khz and +6, my NF (NF = subwoofer) at -5 although I change this setting almost all the time as not all songs have the same bass level.

To change these settings press and hold the top leftmost "Q" button, then use the +/- folder (far right) keys to choose what setting to modify and the >>/<< buttons right above it to chang the value of that setting. press the Q button once to exit that mode.

I listen to house/prog/trance too and with these settings it's pretty good, although remember that crappy mp3s produce crappy sound.

------------------
enry, protegemp3.com webmaster

You could try the preset setting or auto scan.

------------------
Stock MP3, 01
Toronto

hey ocean, you getting a sticker job for your car?
I prolly will. what about you, karl?

------------------

I got my windows tinted... looks prety nice.

Next weekend if the temperature is nice i'm painting my callippers yellow ( paint is 10 bucks ).

I'm considering some stickering... don't know what yet. some racingbeat yellow ( small ) stickers could be nice. Anything yellow just looks nice with the blue. ( just look at the yellow bar under the hood woa.. )

I saw a picture of a Silver P5 with a huge protegetech.com sticker.. it looked nice.. but was really big.

let's upload some pics of dem tints.
my friends and I are buying a sticker machine. I mean, oyu make yourself 10 stickies it's AT LEAST 20 dolla per sticky, 200 bucks. the sticky cutter is 500 bucks. 5 car freaks. that's 100 dolla per car freak. and you can make all the stickies of the world. hell I'd pay even twice that for the pleasure of stickying my car to death.

on the same topic, this one dude D knows had "no fat chicks allowed. car will bottom out" stickered on his car. I think that's a little excessive maybe.

------------------

I don't even have my window tinted.
Probably next week somtimes.
Darker or lighter is better? I am thinking about 25% all around. Would that be too dark?

Hey Karl, show us some pics!
eek.gif

------------------
Stock MP3, 01
Toronto

I'll try to borrow my friends digital camera and take pics... i have a BS camera and my film isn't finished yet
smile.gif

here you must have 70% on the front windows.. but bah they tolerate it... i got 20% back and 50% front ... the back is really dark if you put that in front too people won't be able to see you, mr Mp3 Owner :p

That's true~ maybe I should make the front 30-40%
I do want people to see my face, the one of a kind MP3 owner
biggrin.gif

------------------
Stock MP3, 01
Toronto

I don't think I'm tinting my window at all...

------------------

whats cool about the window tint is i can lower my back seats so the sub sounds better without no one seeing that i actually did that ( because it looks ugly when the seats aer down hehe )

I removed the entire sudio system that came with the car. That crap was insulting my ears.

everything? z828/919 and sub? what'd you do with it?

------------------

Thats kinda extreme.. i mean the system is worth alot of money i hope you sold it at least or your full of cash.

The system is perfect for me, i don't need top 100% best-quality in the world.

I hope your Alpine can play MP3's, because if you removed your headunit and your new head doesn't play mp3's, its kinda sad even if its better
smile.gif

Excatly, without the MP3 players, the soul of the MP3 is gone.

------------------
Stock MP3, 01
Toronto

I don't like MP3 files, there sound blows compared to the CDs. Besides that deck is a b**** to use. Kenwood should have spent more time on making the buttons bigger and the control flow more logical and less time on the dolphines.

Download 160kbps MP3s or higher, and you're dealing with something that is pretty much indistinguishable from a CD. I like the system in the MP3. The bass is definitely better than anything I've ever had, yet not super ghetto like my friend's Rockford Fosgate 12" subs in his car. Just the way I like it!

DooMer_MP3

Even a 160kbs is audibly different from a CD with my system. I using MB Quart Qs in kick panels here not some crappy drop ins.

I am wondering if anyone knows why some MP3s wont play in the system. It says in the manual 128 kbs but some of those dont even work yet tohers do, anyone help?

no offense you must be a fanatic.

properly encode at 192kbps as you should and not even beethoven (back when he wasn't deaf) could tell the diff.

there's this guy at the office that spends 15,000$ (honest) on a sound system to play cds, using GAUGE 8 wire on the satellites (even though I can prove to you physically that the difference in loss between 8 and 14 gauge wire would be less than 0.01%). Also, 99.9% of cds out there are recorded not at super high quality but at average quality because people don't CARE that you have a noise floor that is barely perceptible. that would be like returning your mazda mp3 because the odometer did not read zero when you picked it up. Incidentally, the music he played for me when he showed me the system is music that I wouldn't want free. In fact if I ever have to torture someone I'll make sure I get a copy of that CD. It's like enya, except weirder, worse, and more obscure.

Back