turbocharging and weather

traitorhound

powered by FLIP
hey guys,

i plan on boosting my car in the next couple months and still trying to find a fuel management soluition (probably just goin to use a rrfrp and clamp) or one of the better ems solutions if i can swing the extra cash. . .but anyways ill be running around 5psi all day long

my question is that i drive a lot. and to different climate extremes. like in december i will probably make my NY trip again in my car. obviously if i am boosted by then i would have it tuned for regular FL weather. would it have to be totally adjusted when im in NY or would i be fine while im there?

or is there somethign that i would be able to do just to be able to drive it normally while im up there

traitorhound said:
hey guys,

i plan on boosting my car in the next couple months and still trying to find a fuel management soluition (probably just goin to use a rrfrp and clamp) or one of the better ems solutions if i can swing the extra cash. . .but anyways ill be running around 5psi all day long

my question is that i drive a lot. and to different climate extremes. like in december i will probably make my NY trip again in my car. obviously if i am boosted by then i would have it tuned for regular FL weather. would it have to be totally adjusted when im in NY or would i be fine while im there?

or is there somethign that i would be able to do just to be able to drive it normally while im up there

You should be okay. I lived in MD and it gets hot and cold and my tune was never that far off. I am in higher elevation and dryer air now and I did have to tune it a bit more, but if you stay in the humidity, you won't be that far off. So you should be fine, just get a WBO2 to watch your A/F ratios and maybe a J&S safegurad to prevent detonation and don't worry about it as much.

if you are going with a clamp and FMU combo I can safely say my car has gone three winters on that kind of setup without a problem

Is a turbo's performance significantly decreased by hot weather? I was wondering if owners down in FL and southern states notice their cars bogging down when the heat gets up there. I wanna know cuz I'll be moving back to FL shortly after I get my kit on.

i am having a few issues with hot weather....... car runs perfect in the colder weather (around 65 and below) but higher then that i have a few issues that i am working out.
so it effects my set-up some but once i get a better tune done i think i will be fine........
rob

Here in AZ, I lost power because of the dry air and crappy gas, but I have it tuned to compensate so it's still safe as long as you can control the timing. In FL, you will still have humidity to help so it won't be as bad. But as the engine temps go up, the car starts to detonate easier. As long as the temps stay in the normal range you'll be okay. Yesterday I had temps of about 230 degree's, DAMN this heat!!!

ive got a FMU on my kit right now and it runs fine in all weather but ill be switching to a rrfpr on sat. will i have to reset the rrfpr when the weather changes?

mp5smuggler said:
ive got a FMU on my kit right now and it runs fine in all weather but ill be switching to a rrfpr on sat. will i have to reset the rrfpr when the weather changes?

good question

Back