Turbo Rotary Mazda B2600i Minitruck Build!

jeebus the amount of work into this thing!

LET'S SEE THE WHOLE THING!!!

YOU CHOSE s*** BROWN OF ALL COLORS?!?!?!

Nah, j/k. It looks good. Looks more like a bronze color from that angle. Is it an OEM color or a special mix?

That is one hell of an update! I cant wait to see the whole truck with the paint out of the garage.

-Derrick

Haven't stopped in an checked out the thread in quite some time, HOLY SH*T! Great job man, you're quite the fabricator. Mad props!

(drinks)looks great, can't wait to see the whole truck..
I probably won't post pics of the whole truck til I get it back out of the garage. Its just so hard to get a good pic of it inside, and when the sun is good to take pics then the truck just looks black lol.

I will try and get some up though!

Wow, I like the looks of that a lot!
Thanks man!
jeebus the amount of work into this thing!

LET'S SEE THE WHOLE THING!!!
ya its quite a mess right now, but one day it will be finished...

s***.

EDIT: I should clarify that I am at a loss for words, and that your truck is super sick.
Lol... u guys r funny

That colour is absolutely stunning! Is it a Toyota colour??
Its actually a dodge color. Its simple and not flashy. That is what I'm after for this truck. I want people to be drawn to it by the clean styling and not a crazy paint job... well, for now atleast!
YOU CHOSE s*** BROWN OF ALL COLORS?!?!?!

Nah, j/k. It looks good. Looks more like a bronze color from that angle. Is it an OEM color or a special mix?
yep, s*** brown.
Oem dodge color. Paint name is medium bronze pearl with a metalflake.
Single stage paint, so it was a b**** to spray with the metallic, but it'll work for now!

That is one hell of an update! I cant wait to see the whole truck with the paint out of the garage.

-Derrick
ill try and get some pics up for u guys...

Pictures of the whole truck before I beat you with a frozen salmon. I want pictures and I want them now.
Hmm... I smell fish... ah, no worries, I just told my wife to put her pants back on...
Lookin good! Now stop teasing us!
I'm such a tease...

It Truely is a great looking colour, there is actually a 2002 ish Dodge Dakota driving around here with a Fresh paint job that looks about the same :)

^ that would be the same color for sure!

ok, i warned u guys that the garage pics dont do the paint justice, but here we go...

6163255581_6414ef8b62_b.jpg

6163792368_f4bd763779_b.jpg

i promise, this is the same color, but out in the sun...

6163796306_62c1831860_b.jpg

and some really bad night shots with the grill and everything back on...

6163798706_6970f77f09_b.jpg

6163801916_7c336d419d_b.jpg

well i busted ass on it as much as i could last week, but the rain killed me and so did taking so long to paint it, so its still not done... got home from work early today so imma try and get some more done on it before i get called out on a job...

still hafta build front cab mounts and also finish sheetmetalling the bed in...

im sure there is some more, but thats all i can think of now...

I want to see a video of it running and doing sweet drifts around your neighborhood.....

Are you going to get that giant skull painted on your garage wall on the truck?

-Derrick

Looking real good man!! Can't wait to see it out in the sun.
ur wish is my command!

looks awesome man i cant wait til it's running
running? thats a few thousand bucks away still my friend...

damn that truck is sexy.....i really wish i could find a b
theyre all over around here. and for pretty damn cheap too!
I want to see a video of it running and doing sweet drifts around your neighborhood.....

Are you going to get that giant skull painted on your garage wall on the truck?

-Derrick
someday i will burn the tires off of this truck for u guys!

and u arent gonna believe this, but im really not into the whole skull noise. its pretty played out imo lol..

so, i have some updates!

got a under construction sticker made for the truck since i think people might think this is my attempt at a final paintjob instead of just trying to get the truck one even color...

6187771528_0f16bef71d_b.jpg

i got really sick and was afraid i wasnt gonna get finished with the truck before the show, but i got enough energy to get out in the garage and i busted out a bunch of s*** i had been dreading!

i got my front cab mounts built and also got my whole sheetmetal bed floor tacked into place!

6187773726_ecdb128bbb_b.jpg

6187254845_8e3b22ca9f_b.jpg

the back piece lifts out for now so i can get to my air tank and all that funky s*** in case there is a problem. it will be fully welded eventually and also have an access hatch!

6187779422_37abbf236d_b.jpg

oh snap!

6187259757_3104a14704_b.jpg

the next morning...

6187784802_23c38a7cfa_b.jpg

so i called every parts store in town cuz my tie rod end threads r f***ered up, and nobody had them, but oreillys said they could have them by this morning, so imma go get those and put them on so my wheels dont toe in so bad on the trailer, but other than that, ithink im ready for the 1000 mile drive each way...

6187786506_37b81f114a_b.jpg

sun was a little bright, but u get the idea!
6187266597_7494fc87f2_b.jpg

had to test run the trailer and show off the truck around town of course!

still gotta wash both trucks...

6187790238_dc8f82d4ea_b.jpg

i realized i got excited and loaded it up without putting the seats in... so i put em in on the trailer... what a b****!

6187792162_57a2780e6a_b.jpg

also had to throw some 2x4s under the truck since my body panels were getting trashed by hitting the trailer. 4$ for two 8 foot pieces of wood...

sure wish i could build this truck outta wood, it would be so much cheaper!

6187272187_99f1c1f064_b.jpg

more pics of the bed...

6187274259_b96dececf8_b.jpg

6187799456_0cd5f4760b_b.jpg

and one more for good measure to end my picture whoring episode!

6187279979_1448ea3b5d_b.jpg

i will have more pics up from the show and such when i get back!

hope u guys enjoy it and thanks for staying for the wild ride! there will be more to come i promise!

Back