Turbo Rotary Mazda B2600i Minitruck Build!

well, my keg is hopefully gonna be getting pulled and being sent off to be rebuilt here within the next few months, so as soon as the engine is out i can for sure build u the mounts! I think i might make some changes to the manifold, so after that, im sure i could still fab u up one of those as well as long as u dont mind if its tig welded or not....

stay in touch with me like i said before, and we can work something out for sure!

Sounds like a plan, looking forward to doing business. We'll see about the manifold, I still don't know what turbo i'll be using.

I hear ya. Overtime is good especially with the baby on the way but I do need to clean the garage and start selling the spare parts as well.

Absolutely nothing. Been working like crazy. Trying to fix some neglected things around the house.

Money is being stashed away and everything spare parts related is being sold!

Hope to be sending the engine off for a rebuild and streetport and paint and polish over the winter months!

Who is doing the engine build for ya?

-Derrick

Wow derrick, they have really good prices!

I may have to look into them for sure as i am just going for a mild build with a streetport.
Thanks a lot!

Wow derrick, they have really good prices!

I may have to look into them for sure as i am just going for a mild build with a streetport.
Thanks a lot!

One of the guys in the shop had them re-fresh a FC Re-Amemiya built engine a few years back, the work was top notch. The guy who runs the place name is Chris Greene.

-Derrick

What's your time frame for having the truck finished? Just my two cents: I wouldn't have the engine built until you are ready to fire it up shortly thereafter. Sitting stationary for too long kills these engines.

What's your time frame for having the truck finished? Just my two cents: I wouldn't have the engine built until you are ready to fire it up shortly thereafter. Sitting stationary for too long kills these engines.
i appreciate the back watching!

i guess, atleast to me, that it was common sense/knowledge that seals( that when left unlubricated) would dry out and thus be more likely for premature failure. i guess i just kinda figured everybody was on the same page with that being said....

my plans are to mock up the intercooler and oil coolers and such. then the plan is to purchase the engine management/wiring of the truck as the engine is being rebuilt. this is the reason that there have been absolutely no updates on this truck since the last pics.

it is money saving time, and i figure i need about $10k to get this truck running. not to mention the hours needed to finish welding and put the final touches on everything else before it can be tuned on a dyno...

but like i said, right now is just for research and saving money(which is super hard right now since we get super slow around winter).

i will try and keep this updated with my research and such, but right now its just this...

-looking at a company that is interested in sponsoring an intercooler setup for my truck.
-pretty much dead set on the aem ems, especially for the fact that there is a local tuner that specializes in aem. before anything is said about aem and rotaries, im still doing research, and most of the bugs have been worked out etc...

-still deciding if i want to relocate my turbo forward a bit, but i will do this myself instead of outsourcing if i decide to do so...
-just trying to save money, plus winter sucks. my garage is small, and i have two trucks in there right now, and absolutely no motivation to go out in the cold.

-finally started hitting the gym again. this takes a lot of my time, and its not such a bad thing to be healthy....

stay tuned!

Well, got a new job!

Got a few parts on order and hopefully have a bit of money flow to start using on this build again!

Gratz on the job and I am looking forward to seeing what else you do.

-Derrick

Congrats man! I'm looking forward to see the project rolling!

well thats good news. cant wait to see more updates

Glad to hear that man!

Gratz on the job and I am looking forward to seeing what else you do.

-Derrick
thanks a lot guys! they cut my pay at my old job. really ****** up situation, so i had to move on!

they pretty much cut our overtime out completely, which is where u make all of ur money in the oilfield. so i moved to a new company that pays way more per hour and i get to be home damn near every night, so im stoked on that. its less days off, but i will be stacking some cash, so it should be worth it! ive worked worse jobs...

Latest posts

Back