Turbo Rotary Mazda B2600i Minitruck Build!

u like that huh?

Very nice updates... gotta love having a crane at your disposal! I wish I could say the same!
As for the Engine find, i'm sure that is a great deal, but Rotary seems like Voodoo to me... I really should read up on them some more...
rotaries are cool. theyre just so misunderstood...

NBD...

Awesome update! You got a running FD 13b so you won't have to rebuild one yourself?
well the plan was to use this engine since its cleaner and known to run, but after further thought, i dont see a reason to tear into a perfectly good engine, so i think i may just sell it and put the money back into the truck...

borrowed a crane...???? How the hell do you just borrow a crane?!

Oh nice parts there too. Now quit playing with the damn crane and get that motor in the truck! j/k
i have access to a lot of equipment at work. i work in the oil and gas fields, and we use cranes everyday at work...

supposed to be going to north dakota for work for a couple weeks, so the truck will see some love when i get back...

I'm with Cypher, one does not just simply borrow a crane from work..
Great updates though.
Turbo three rotor should be pretty nasty
its just a two rotor engine, but a 20b would be saweeet!

and yes, i can just borrow a crane from work! i have a Class A CDL and i operate this stuff on a daily basis!

Damn...damn...
come have some beer!

I would really like to hear the conversation on narrowing that Crane

"Hey John can I barrow a Crane for a bit?"
"Sure"
"Sweet, thanks man"
believe it or not, thats exactly how it went down...

Nice score on the parts!

-Derrick
thanks man!

got a couple little things...

got my new aluminum spool gun

7049229345_79cc3c6093_z.jpg

6903135212_9a4b650d11_z.jpg

6903133584_c23b7c20e4_z.jpg

i just need a bottle of argon and then its time to weld up some intercooler piping!

i got an engine stand so i can start tearing into an engine also!

love this picture!
6903136996_7673695c5a_z.jpg

my messy empty garage...

7049231915_f98db663dc_z.jpg

well, im supposed to be going out of town for two weeks for work, so everything will have to wait til i get back, but hopefully i come back with a good chunk of change to work with!

will be updating as i order stuff...

Very similar to the stand I just got! Great minds think alike? :D

IMG_0364.jpg

I gotta know how that spool gun works for you!

Looks good. I'm also interested in how the spool gun works. THe basic idea is it lets you weld aluminum with a MIG (with Ar), right?

Also, I'd look into getting a rotary engine stand adaptor to work on the engine. With the current setup you can't get to the flywheel nut and it's a $%^&* to get off!

I gotta know how that spool gun works for you!

I was researching it a bit the other night and saw that a lot of guys were reporting they weren't able to do anything thinner than 1/8" material on MIG, even with the spool gun.. I had no idea it had that kind of size limitation. What do you plan to use it for?

Looks good. I'm also interested in how the spool gun works. THe basic idea is it lets you weld aluminum with a MIG (with Ar), right?

Also, I'd look into getting a rotary engine stand adaptor to work on the engine. With the current setup you can't get to the flywheel nut and it's a $%^&* to get off!
Yes the spool gun attaches to your mig and u run argon.

I will basically be using it to tack all of my intercooler piping together so i can have it tig welded at work!

And i will definitely look into a rotary adapter!

I was researching it a bit the other night and saw that a lot of guys were reporting they weren't able to do anything thinner than 1/8" material on MIG, even with the spool gun.. I had no idea it had that kind of size limitation. What do you plan to use it for?
Intercooler piping, but not to run a bead.

Im sure ill find something else to use it on eventually, but i also heard that they are a mess and hard to use...

Guess we will see.

Im still in North Dakota for work but will be home by the weekend. Will have a lot to catch up on around the house, but im hoping to get some work done on the truck also!

Hopefully have some updates soon!

Well im back home.

God what a mess two kids can make when its only mom to take care of them...

Got a bit of cleaning and catching up to do around the house, but im hoping to do a little work on the truck. I also ordered some small important parts...

I am so ready to be done with this truck lol.

Maybe ill get more into it once i actually start working on it!

Keep up the good work! I've been looking at the same pages recently ;) hoping all goes well and I can say congrats! Even now, nice work! You're a great deal more devoted than I think I ever will be.

God what a mess two kids can make when its only mom to take care of them...

I hear ya on that. I travel a lot for work and we just had our son but it's not the kid that makes the mess but the dog, the cat and the mom.

I think he's asking how you installed the AEM and if you used all the wires.

Oh. I havent installed it yet, but....

When i do i will be using the oem rx7 harness. All emissions will be removed (why else would u run standalone lol).

But to answer your question, u can use the stock rx7 harness and ecu and make ut work, but i wanted to be able to have more options for tuning and i dont like to half ass things.

There are also piggy back options out there but i didnt look into that.

I would just save ur money and pick up a used haltech or microtech system, which u can find for a couple hundred bucks used, and call it a day!

^^^ Did you get the entire front harness with the half cut? For the AEM you really don't need much of the stock engine harness at all if it's anything like the Haltech I have. I kept all the stock ignition and starting, and gauge wiring but all the engine control stuff (coils, injectors, TPS, etc.) are brand new and wired directly to the Haltech.

Yes i have the whole harness. Keep in mind i have to blend the functions of the truck to the rx7 harness. But this shouldnt be bad for like u said u can wire them all seperately!

I will be needing lots of your help with the wiring Jon!

Wish I could help. For some crazy reason I like sorting through wires and soldering and heat shrinking. Something must really be wrong with me....

Back