TURBO KITS AVAILABLE (need 50 members)!!!!

Hey you forgot me hehe. I am in if it is decent and affordable. Btw, affordable for a turbo kit is ~$3000 hehe. I just got a Gen Drag 3 kit for my Integra, $3300 and came with everything I could ever want, even a front mount intercooler. Should take it to about 265 @ the wheels running about 6-7 psi of boost.

well, today i left my rx8 dreams, just too much money for me to save and besides, i dont like the idea of getting out of debt and putting myself in more devt again.

Anyway, im in for the mp3 tuning, BUT, dont we need a performance clutch first? lets suppose we get the turbo kit, but i know for experience our mp3 stock clutch its really, well, average...

also it would be nice to know what kind of kit r we getting (how much psi, what turbo size, etc..)

anyway, im going to a performance shop for custom turbos on friday afternoon, i will update u guys if i can get some nice deal.

If the kit is coming from GReddy, I think the kit will most likely usa a Mitsubishi TD05 turbo. They use a TD05 for both the GSR and the SI turbo kits. You don't really need that big of a turbo for our 2.0 liters. Bigger turbo means more lag in most cases. With the TD05 or the turbo APEXi uses the AXb5360 is also another good one, even better because it's ball-bearing.

Updated List

• 1 kflyfshr7
  • 2 ArcTan2x+k
  • 3 MazdaMP
  • 4 APEXistud San Jose, CA
  • 5 Nathen IN.
  • 6 Leonardo (possibly in)
  • 7 Enry
  • 8 Karl Marx
  • 9 Mp3cHikn
  • 10 BobboJ
  • 11 SteveMP3nj NJ/NY, USA
  • 12 Mp3PO Anaheim, CA
  • 13 NC_MP3 (possibly)
  • 14 Razhael
  • 15 toolman

Here are some parts I feel are going to need to be included if a turbo kit is produced by any company who decides to make a kit: All necessary clamps and hoses, exhaust manifold (preferably cast iron), all nessecary piping, heat shield, air filter, oil return and feed lines, decent sized from mount intercooler (not too big for fear of pressure drop) and definately a boost controller.

Some of the things I think will be better of optional are: Upgraded fuel system, upgraded ignition system, lighter flywheel and clutch, fuel pump, turbo timer, guages, that's all the stuff I can think of right now. I know I missed some stuff, so you guys should add to the list of parts you'd like to see the kit come with, but do realize, the more you add, the higher the cost of the kit. And I'm not turbo Guru, I just know some of the basics.

One last thing, if you guys know of any shops that are concidering building a custom turbo kit for the MP3's and Protege5's. Be sure to point this post out to them, so they know that are serious buyers out here that are waiting.

[ 10-29-2001: Message edited by: APEXistud ]

thx apexistud, i will try to memorize yer post by friday so i can sound more like a peep who actually knows what hes talking about :D

also, jag61180, im going to some store in arlington that a friend of mine recommended, dunno if u know of any others in the area.

by the way, i think asking 50 orders its kind of too much... if we dont get more orders we should still try to convince them with the numbers we have right now

well jag, what u can do (if its true u dont do nothing all day) is go there and speak with the peeps! i have a tight schedule and its gonna be kinda difficult to find time, but i hope that on friday i can go around.

but, if u can go, ask around, prices and stuff, that would be WONDERFUL!

this is their site, but theres not much there since they are rebuilding the stuff: http://www.alamoautosports.com/
u can find the address there, its:

1218 Colorado Lane #C-3
Arlington, Texas 76015

man, i would really appreciate, if u have the time, to please go around and ask them about a custom job for our 140hp engines, how much, what parts would be included and stuff... :)

Razheal,

I am good friends with all the people at Alamo Autosports. I live in the neiborhood behind them. If you take colorado till it dead ends to medlin, thats the back of my house. I know brice yingling and larry very well. I bought most of my stuff from them and used to hang out with them every day. They are not very knoledgable about the MP3's, I went to them the first day I got it and talked to larry.

One more thing, They will do a custom job for our cars, But I think out of all the shops in the world alamo is the most expensive!!! Also they take a long time to complete a job, beleive me I am not flaming them, I love their work, but they are pricey. I think they quoted me around $4000-6000 to custom build one, and they would have to keep my car for a month or so. I think I'll wait for a while till they know more about our cars. Also Larry told me he did not know anything about our fuel system and without knowing he could not quote me a firm price.

sucks to be us huh jag?
well, im going today @ 4, i had some faith because an accord owner told me they were talking around 2k to 3k, but of course, thats for a Honda... right now im trying to do some research in some japanese site somebody posted in the yahoo groups...

what other kind of stuff do they make?

Man that would be great if the kit was to only cost 2-3k. Most of the good turbo kits for Honda's (the one's that include everythihng) cost around 4-5.5k once everything is included. And that is including everything, from from upgraded injectors and fuel system to a thicker head gasket. Knowing this, I'm not expecting the kie to be in the 3k range, but it will definately be nice.

nah, i went yesterday, the guy didnt look interested at all, not even for the custom job, i dont know what ppl problem is in this days. Anyway, lets hope this greddy list is not just a rumor...

Originally posted by kflyfshr7:
<STRONG>I am sooooooooooo pissed off at GReddy right now. I called on Monday and all of the techs were at a car show so i spoke w/someone else. When i told him about what the tech told me (50+ people for turbo kits) he laughed. he then asked me the name of the tech i spoke with so he could get him fired. he informed me that greddy is not interested in making a turbo kit for the MP3, even if we do have 50 people on a list. I just wanna say to everyone that im sorry about the bad news, but i did try to hook everyone up. i guess we need to look elsewhere. any suggestions? keep the list going b/c we can refer to it when needed.
ill see ya guys,
kflyfshr7</STRONG>

seems like our friend here was confused and posted this reply in another topic...

well, this just sucks...

Hey Razheal,

I said a while back in a few posts that rotory performance has a kit in the works. They are from garland. I think the car prototype they have is a P5, but its all the same.

The only differences (engine wise) between our the MP3 and the P5 that I can find are the ECU's timing is slightly different and we have the FS-ZE intake manifold. Which has a higher flow rate than the P5, other than that though, I think our cars are the same. In theory, what ever kit they make for the P5 will fit the MP3 and we'd yeild higher HP numbers. Take notice that I say "in theory".

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: APEXistud ]

Originally posted by Jag61180:
<STRONG>One more thing, They will do a custom job for our cars, But I think out of all the shops in the world alamo is the most expensive!!! Also they take a long time to complete a job, beleive me I am not flaming them, I love their work, but they are pricey. I think they quoted me around $4000-6000 to custom build one, and they would have to keep my car for a month or so. I think I'll wait for a while till they know more about our cars. Also Larry told me he did not know anything about our fuel system and without knowing he could not quote me a firm price.</STRONG>

You are damn right about them being expensive! When I had my focus, I had the SOHC Engine. They would have done a custom for it, but I wasn't gonna pay $6000 !!! I know Larry, Brice, Chris, etc... I'll have to meet you sometime. If you find out anything direrent, let me know!

i know i already posted this, but Z Motorsports in Houston takes 4k for a custom kit installed and they need it for 1 week :)

Latest posts

Back