Tunning/custom shopt near natick

Peter B

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3
A while back I was looking for a place that would do a clear bra install for me. I found a shop in or near natick that did it but I can't find them now. They did custom working including clear bra installs. Anyone know which shop it might have been?

I was going to do my own but waited too long, now my hood needs to be touched up along with clear bra install. I have been unsuccessful at touching up the chips myself. When I originally talked to this place they said they would clean it and touch it up so it looked good before they put the bra on. My other option is to get the hood repainted and im trying to avoid that. More $$ then i have to get the hood repainted and clear bra installed.

Anyhow if anyone knows who this was that would be great.

-Pete

If the place was Wheel Dynamix in Natick, don't go there, they did a poor job on my RX-8, despite charging a premium price ($800 for an RX-8 front). The film had wrinkles in it, you could see traces of the squeegee, a big diagonal wrinkle where they lifted a corner of the film and put it back down, etc. Try Protection Plus in Shrewsbury for a clearbra install.

Not sure what to tell you about touching up the chips. A good place can probably make the chip repair look good, especially under the clear bra.

Last edited:
Try luxury details in Framingham, they have a great rep. I don't know about the clearbra install, but they can take care of the bumper chips no problem.

huh? bruce has it on his miata. Looks good and doing its job. Do it. My car could use a bumper and hood by now.

Thanks guys. I don't think Xtreme dynamics is in business anymore. A google search reveals nothing.

The paint on this car, and many new cars is really thin. I believe the issue is environmental restrictions on certain solvents that go into making quality paint. This has been an issue with oil based paints in the rest of the painting industry, I can imagine it would be similar with auto paint too. Japan usually has more restrictive environmental policies then the USA.

I have clear bra on my headlights, ditch lights, rear bumper and under my gas tank door so the gas cap doesn't scuff up the paint when it hangs down. I did the install myself it was pretty easy to be honest. Everyone told me not to do it myself but its really not hard. It just requires some careful prep work and patients. The only part that worries me is the front bumper because it the piece that covers it is longer then my arms can reach, and I will clearly need a second set of hands to do it.

I drive 84 miles of highway a day (290->146->I-90->495 or 290->495) and there is a ton of road work going on at the moment. Im not crazy about the line the clear bra leaves, but honestly its better then the chips. If i was buying the car now, knowing what I do I would have had it done at the dealer before the car even left the lot. I think I would certainly recommend it to anyone who does a lot of highway driving, or anyone who doesn't want to see their $23k investment get all chipped up like mine now is.

Last edited:
Wheel dynamics I did talk to yesterday. Yes very pricey. I swear though a while back I spoke to a different shop in natick, but maaybe not.

I forgot to mention I did talk to the guys in shrewsbury a while back for my torn up rocker molding. I called the guy and asked if i could come get an estimate for paint work on Saturday. Hey said sure he could do it.

I went down the same day and i got some bs here and there and then he told me the painting guy isn't in on saturdays and to get a real estimate i would have to come back during the week. I almost punched him.

He then proceeded to tell me the paint guy is there 8-5 mon-fri. To which i replied that's when i work too. He looks a me and says "EVERY DAY!?!?"

Yes I work full time 8-5 ....shocking i know. Anyhow the clear bra guy there sounds pretty good. The other guy who i talked to was kinda a d-bag and i had little faith in him. I will have to check it out again.

Their clear bra price isn't too bad though.

-Pete

Last edited:
Back