TT and stock alarm issues

theory

:
09 Mazda Speed3
So, I have read a bunch of threads detailing how once a Turbo Timer is installed into a Protege, the alarm would not arm, nor doors lock with remote, until the turbo timer shuts the engine off.

I jut installed a HKS TT into my Speed3 and now I have this same issue.

From what I read there are two methods to fixing this issue for the Protege:

First question is will one of these methods work for my Speed3?

1) Cut blue white wire at keyless module.

Then cut the pin 6 orange wire at the alarm brain 2 inches up (diagram on bottom of alarm) then take the alarm side of the wire (the side of the wire still connected to the alarm) and tap it into the thick black orange wire coming out of the alarm harness. Then tape up the car side of the orange wire.<O ></O >

or

2)Passive Alarm: Some people had questions on using the alarm with the turbo timer, here is one answer. If you remove the "brain" for the alarm and unscrew the back, you will see four "dip switches" at the bottom of the circuit board. These are 1-2 off, 3-4 on. Simply switch 2 to on and your alarm will passively arm 30 seconds after the ignition is turned off. With the turbo timer, just lock the doors manually as you leave the car and when it shuts off the alarm will arm itself 30 seconds later.

Also, where is the keyless module and alarm brain located in the Speed3?

Does anyone have any pictures they can post or advice for me?

Does the brain in a SP3 have the dip switches to set the alarm to passively turn on after 30 secs?

I am new to working on cars in general...this is the first time I have had a cool car.....so any help or advice is more than appreciated! And if you help out and live in or near Seattle....I would be happy to repay you with a couple of pints at a local brew pub!!!!

-ryan

Last edited:
BTW: I see the "How-to setup a TT in the SP3" ...but I want to know if there is an easy fix.

I came to this site a bit too late.....wish I had seen the How-To 1st.

Everything works fine...except I can not lock the doors with the remote until the TT shuts off the engine.

i think you hook up something wrong. not sure but my hks tt works fine. i can lock and unlock the door while the tt is on.

So, has anyone figured out how to do it on the MS3 or if it is the same as the ones I read about the Protege....Basically...from what I posted in the how to section, of the APEXi thread to get some help...

I have the turbo timer, spliced into ignition/acc wires in the steering column only. However, everything works fine, except for the dealership alarm, does not engage, when you press lock button twice (the horn). That green light does not appear and only the red light can be seen with the doors locked. The only way to get the alarm to engage is waiting for the TT to run out of time and relock the car once that is done. Then the alarm is set because you can see the red light and the below green light. Therefore, that defeats the purpose of the turbo timer, if I have to wait.

Anyone know what I need to accomplish to make the alarm work?

And to test if this is happening to you: "If you roll down the window, turn off your ignition, got out of the car, lock/arm the alarm, let the TT kill the ignition, then reach in and unlock the door then try opening it, your alarm sounds if your alarm is engaged...but if it isn't you wont be hearing anything..."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back