TSB question

sappi

:
Mazda, CX-5, 2013
Dear forum members,
I have a question about mazda cx-5 TSB (technical service bulletins).
I have recently purchased a used mazda cx-5 2013 with 40k on it. This mazda was not serviced at mazda dealerships never before and it has dashboard, mirror rattle noise and a jumping/shaking hood problem (There are TSBs for it).
So i came to mazda dealership and explained situation to them: second owner, car never came for tsbs to mazda before. The dealership denied servicing my vehicle according to TSBs. The said that mazda 3year/36k miles bumper to bumper is out and we can not help you.
I have previously owned toyota and never had such issues. There was a sit problem and steering issue and toyota fixed it for free for my 110k miles toyota. But here mazda dealership denies to do fixes. They say it's on a paid basis only.
As a new mazda owner, I'm just getting familiar with mazda way, so could someone please clarify if dealership is correct or I'm wrong to ask for free repair.

Thank you.

Go around the dealer and straight to Mazda US. Your car is out of warranty, but not by a lot and chances are you can get them to "good will" the repairs. Act quickly and don't screw around like the previous owner obviously did. Good luck!

If it was a safety issue like steering or pollution issue they would fix it. Your issues, not so sure...

Mazda is not obligated to perform the work for free. TSBs are not safety recalls, just known issues and fixes - which all cars have. Without a warranty, as others have said you'd have to get them to do it as a goodwill gesture. But again, they do not owe it to you. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back