Trunk space measurement

New Phase!

:
Integra (at the moment)
Just thought of this another day and maybe some of you current owner or potential owner can answer this.

what's the width of the truck space? More specifically, I want to see how many sets of golf club (standard male size) would fix in the truck without folding down the back seat.

Most likely it will not be wide enough to lay the club flat in the truck but do you think it will fix in diagonally?

For comparsion sake, I could fit 3 sets of clubs in my Integra truck without folding any seats down. Just curious if the 3 can do better than that.

Last edited:
do you mean "trunk" instead of "truck"?

for the Mazda 3 Sport:

Seats up: 0.80m deep by 1.04m wide

Seats down: 1.58m deep by 1.04m wide

the 1.04m figure is at the narrowest section.

don't know how tall the trunk is.

Brian MP5T said:
If you get the bloody wagon you might be able to get 12 sets of clubs in the trunk!!

good info :rolleyes:

:)

btw, I meant to type Trunk.... couldn't edit the title afterward... so embarassing

New Phase! said:
good info :rolleyes:

:)

btw, I meant to type Trunk.... couldn't edit the title afterward... so embarassing

My humor seems to be wasted. I was just kidding. Try a dealership. There has to be at least one person at one dealership in Ottawa who would love to show you the car first person.

Later...Brian

Title of this thread has been edited.

I agree with Brian MP5T, bring your clubs to a dealership and try the fitting yourself. I brought a rope measurement to one of the dealers myself.

Brian MP5T said:
My humor seems to be wasted. I was just kidding. Try a dealership. There has to be at least one person at one dealership in Ottawa who would love to show you the car first person.

Later...Brian

;) it's all good man. :)

Brian MP5T said:
^^^ Off topic... How do you like your "3"?

If you're referring to me, I can't answer that because I've ordered my 3 but it isn't coming until April.

wongpres said:
If you're referring to me, I can't answer that because I've ordered my 3 but it isn't coming until April.

I'm a diehard P5 so I am upset with the 3 replacing the P5 but I am happy for your purchase. Let me know how you find it when you get it. I need a winter car. Something a little more practical than a Souped P5 and I want to stay in the family as it were...

Later...Brian

Yea, damn weather! I have to go out though, so maybe while she's warming up I'll take the measuring tape out ;)

wongpres said:

Is there really a three month wait for these things, or is there something special about the one you ordered? How long would I have to wait for a loaded Sport with leather, if I happened to want one fairly soon? I was expecting a wait, but not quite that long... :(

agallag said:
Is there really a three month wait for these things, or is there something special about the one you ordered? How long would I have to wait for a loaded Sport with leather, if I happened to want one fairly soon? I was expecting a wait, but not quite that long... :(

No, I requested April delivery, they could have gotten me one much faster if I wanted. I have my own personal reasons why I wanted April delivery and my price was on a plan anyways, so I figured I'd just order it early.

I would say in Canada, if one wants a specific colour/option package, the wait shouldn't be more than a month.

Does anyone happen to have the sedan measurements? I'm looking to see if my sub enclosure will fit when I get a 3, or if I have to build a new one.

Thanks!

Sorry for dragging up such an old thread, but I thought I'd drop by and give an update. I ordered my 3 on November 12th 2004, and finally took delivery on January 10th 2005. Almost two full months! Probably because I wanted it in black, and only black. Anyway, I'm now the proud owner of a Black 2005 Sport GT 5-spd with the leather package. Woohoo!

Attachments

• IMG_1329_resize.JPG
    IMG_1329_resize.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 143
Back