Trouble removing center console.

Kaidao

I ordered an XCarLink Ipod adapter from RPM. I'm installing it for my friend as I have a MS3, and I've run into a problem removing the center console. For the MS3, it popped right out after removing a few screws and just pulling. As for his 2006 Mazda6, it just will not pop out.

I removed the brass bolt behind the glove box, cup holder, shifter assembly, and the two screws on the bottom part of the center console, and even the "secret" screws behind the AC control knobs (there were two, on the left and on the right). When I tried to pull out the center console, the bottom and the top part actually popped out, but the middle is incredibly stubborn. The sides of the bottom part of the console actually cracked a little bit.

Is there anything that I'm missing? Because his car's interior is now in pieces, and I need to hopefully fix it by tomorrow.

Hmm...the pdf actually doesn't say anything about removing the radio control or anything, that's actually what I need to do.

I ordered an XCarLink Ipod adapter from RPM. I'm installing it for my friend as I have a MS3, and I've run into a problem removing the center console. For the MS3, it popped right out after removing a few screws and just pulling. As for his 2006 Mazda6, it just will not pop out.

I removed the brass bolt behind the glove box, cup holder, shifter assembly, and the two screws on the bottom part of the center console, and even the "secret" screws behind the AC control knobs (there were two, on the left and on the right). When I tried to pull out the center console, the bottom and the top part actually popped out, but the middle is incredibly stubborn. The sides of the bottom part of the console actually cracked a little bit.

Is there anything that I'm missing? Because his car's interior is now in pieces, and I need to hopefully fix it by tomorrow.

You did everything fine I don't see any reason why it wouldn't come out. The only tricky part is that screw that's on the right side of the radio when you remove the glove box. It's a bracket with a 10mm Screw that holds that radio. I'm assuming this is the brass bolt you are referring to behind the glove box.. If it isn't then you just found your problem. It took me about an hour to find the damn screw. The only way you can see it is by taking out the glove box and looking at it through passenger side of the car.

Latest posts

Back