Transmission swap for a 1.6

Vocko

:
Mazda MX-5 NB FL
Is it possible to fit a G15M-R (from a 2.0 protege, mazdaspeed...) instead of 1.6 default F25M-R ?

Thnx!

negative, unless you go with a custom bell housing.

The wiring should be the same, but not the ECU.
If you're going to do a transplant better get hold of a complete engine (wiring, ecu, sensors...) and a transmission.
Eaiser, faster, more trouble free and cheaper in the end if you have everything from the begining.

ok, well i know where there's a tranny ecu, wireing (if needed) and if i need to move motor/tranny mounts around, no problem. just gonna need the engine. The engine is there, but has a crack. so all the sensors are still intact. he is asking 400 or 450 for the whole car. front end is smashed in, but tranny and rest of car is good for parts, get sum of my money back.

OK..(breakn) so i got the car today.. he actually went down to 340 :D tranny and engine.. The engine i thought it had a crack, but was just the timing belt plastic cover. all wires are there. just cut since sumone was goin to buy the engine but decided not too, because they seen the plastic cracked.. I also got it bcuz i was goin to have to replace my rear struts and that would of been 130+ tax just for the struts.. so yeah Pretty good deal :D.. So its gonna be some time b4 i can start on the swap from 1.6L on my 2000 to the 2.0 from 02' es.(breakn)

Will do.... I dont wanna post anything for now. since i dont know wat parts will interchange or watnot. But some things i just dont need anymore are the 00 Gray interior... And doors. Am replacing them with the ones that came with the 02' es.

umm.. am not exactly sure.. its not the dark gray color that comes with the mp3's and mazdaspeed... its the light gray interior. i think proteges just came with tan/ light gray/ dark gray(black)...

Look at the sidedrivers door, there should be a sticker with different information written on it, look for "interior color".
Is it a sedan (like MS and MP3) or a P5?

i checkd and only had the body color code. well its just the light gray color, am sure proteges just came with the tan, light gray, and dark gray interior(balck). lol. sorry it didnt have the color of the fabric. haha.

Back