trailer hitch wiring ?

:
2012 CX-9 Touring
So I saw and read the different threads on trailer hitches on here but I am still a bit unclear so sorry in advance for multiple wiring question. I ordered a Curt hitch that I installed without a hitch (yes that is a pun) now I need to wire it to work with the trailer.

I've been reading different things on different sites and the local Mazda parts guy could not answer this for me. They don't carry the wiring harness 0000-8E-N13B so will have to order it but will I need anything else other than this if applicable? I need to install this by this weekend and one place says that I need an additional plug for trailer lighting where others mention nothing of it.

Do I need anything else other part # 0000-8E-N13B or will this part allow me to plug into a 4 prong trailer? Do you know for certain.

Thank you

Here is what I mean that is confusing me (pulled off a website)

Title: NEW OEM TRAILER HITCH (CLASS II) MAIN HARNESS 2009-2013 MAZDA CX-9 #0000-8E-N13B
Description: Brand New Main Harness for the Trailer Hitch (Class II) assembly that is an official OEM Mazda accessory for the 2011-2013 Mazda CX-9.

- This part is required for the installation of Trailer Hitch (Class II) # 0000-8E-N11B.

- Jumper Harness (0000-8E-N04) is required for this part's installation. ????

- This part is for the listed vehicles with VIN Code TW1 or 2TP.

- This part is for the listed vehicles with Radiator Code CA27.
Part Number: 0000-8E-N13B
Applications: 2009-2013 Mazda CX-9
- With VIN Code TW1 or 2TP
- With Radiator Code CA27

Last edited:
Back