Trading in the MP3

MP3intheSTL

YEAH!!!
:
2001 lazer blue MP3
Well, I bought MP3 #825 (blue) in Oct. 2001.
Paid cash + trade in, So I haven't had a car payment in almost 8 years. This car has been my daily driver ever since the day I took her home.
She will turn 160,000 miles on my way home this evening 7/30/09, hard to believe. When I bought her, she only had 22 miles on her! (tear).
I drove her off the show room floor, didn't even test drive her, thats a true statment!
She has stayed completly stock from day one, never modded a thing on her. I've replaced the head unit, cause the original crapped out, that's it, other than what needed to be done, tranny, tires, oil changes, brakes, etc... (Oh, and the rear swaybar bushing about 20 times! LOL you know what I'm talking about!)
I will post some pics before I let her go. Had a lot of good times and memories in this car. Road trips, vacations, camping trips, etc... This is really making me sad! WOW it's just a car, but I feel like I lost my dog or best friend! Anyway, it's just time.
She still drives and runs great!, but it's inspection time and she needs a converter and O2 sensors and who knows what else, but I think I'm ready for a new car.
Not sure what I want yet, been looking for about a week and this weekend is all about test driving everything I see. She has been a great car!
I'd like to thank everyone one these forums, I haven't played a huge part in here, but have been a member since the beginning, and check it almost everyday! I will continue to login and checkout these forums for many years to come!

(thinkbeer
Heres a beer to everyone on here new and old, Peace and chicken grease - MP3INTHESTL

Hey a local guy!

Converters and o2 sensors should be relatively inexpensive. I'd guess $200 for the cat installed and $120 for each O2 sensor. I'd fix it up and keep going! How do you get your build # by the way?

Let me know what you're asking for it. A friend of mine is always wanting to buy mine.

She's gone!

Well, She's gone! Wasn't expecting to get rid of her so soon, but things fell in place lastnight. I got an 2006 Subaru Legacy GT, sliver on black.
1 owner car, with 52000 miles! I loved it soon as I got into it. Was at the dealership till 10:30 lastnight and drove her home. They gave me great trade in value on the MP3 and interest rate, and since my dad works for lou fusz they hooked me up. I feel I did really good. I'll post sum pics this weekend. I wanted to stay mazda but nothing caught my eye, except the brand new ones and did want to spend that kind of money, maybe next time!
(drive2)

For Sale

I have an MP3 that I am getting ready to sell.
Stored winters with 36k for miles.
I was going to ask 9k for it last summer and never got around to putting it up for sale. If anyone has an offer let me know.

-Krystal

Well, She's gone! Wasn't expecting to get rid of her so soon, but things fell in place lastnight. I got an 2006 Subaru Legacy GT, sliver on black.
1 owner car, with 52000 miles! I loved it soon as I got into it. Was at the dealership till 10:30 lastnight and drove her home. They gave me great trade in value on the MP3 and interest rate, and since my dad works for lou fusz they hooked me up. I feel I did really good. I'll post sum pics this weekend. I wanted to stay mazda but nothing caught my eye, except the brand new ones and did want to spend that kind of money, maybe next time!
(drive2)

Those lagacy gt are nice but still sad you let the mp3 go.

just turned in my mp3 for the 2010 camero, V8 engine SS. It was a hard decision but the new camaro is awesome looking and a blast to drive. Too bad the one I ordered will take about 12 weeks to come in.

Hey a local guy!

Converters and o2 sensors should be relatively inexpensive. I'd guess $200 for the cat installed and $120 for each O2 sensor. I'd fix it up and keep going! How do you get your build # by the way?

Let me know what you're asking for it. A friend of mine is always wanting to buy mine.

I hope you're not referring to one of those $120 eBay pieces of sh*t. Walker makes a converter for $260, but unless you're installing it yourself, even that'll push $400. And if you go OEM, you're looking at $800+

I hope you're not referring to one of those $120 eBay pieces of sh*t. Walker makes a converter for $260, but unless you're installing it yourself, even that'll push $400. And if you go OEM, you're looking at $800+

exactly! it was going to cost me about a grand. Plus the car was so noisy.
Sucked in the winter, needed new snow tires. I really did love that car and kept it for 8yrs. it would have lasted longer but im getting older and my kids are bigger etc... The legacy is a really nice solid car. tight and smooth. I'm loving it! I was tired of driving a manual for the past 10yrs everyday. I drive 100 miles a day just back and fourth to work in the worst traffic in St. Louis. It was just time!

care to elaborate? I recently bought a mandrel bent oem replacement midpipe on ebay for $140. Looks and installed just fine, no fitment issues. Seems to be performing ok...

Back