Traded my 08 Mazdaspeed 3 in this past weekend

Many of you have been asking for photos but here's something a little different- a VIDEO. (It's what I do professionally so it's more fitting).

Keep in mind this was not shot with a video camera but rather a still camera that has the ability to shoot video clips. Thus the audio is a bit weak and there is no optical or digital image stabilization. All manual focusing and zooming (thus the handling noise). Either way I thought you guys might enjoy:

http://www.gmelliottvideo.com/srt6dyno.mov

dynapacks are the s***. best dyno out there IMO, hands down. you can tune under any simulated load condition. but, re: the numbers, best bet is to compare to other cars on that dyno though ; )

y0, what kind of dog did they have over there? nevermind, watched the video ; )

Last edited:
Update: I just got the car tuned and dyno (via Dynapack dyno): it put down
344 whp
360 wtq

I shot some footage of the pulls along with my friend's Alcohol/Meth injection kit. I'll post the video later when I have a chance to cut it.

srt6dyno.jpg

very nice #'s ...man i wish my dad had bought the one locally forsale last year!

dynapacks are the s***. best dyno out there IMO, hands down. you can tune under any simulated load condition. but, re: the numbers, best bet is to compare to other cars on that dyno though ; )

y0, what kind of dog did they have over there? nevermind, watched the video ; )

Yeah man, 1/2 pit...1/2 lab. I guessed it right too even before we asked the owner!

Update: Ran the car again yesterday (friday ) and pulled a 12.6 @ 110. A little disappointed because I wanted to see low 12's. However traction was an issue all night with freezing temps, and cruddy all-season tires.

Update: Ran the car again yesterday (friday ) and pulled a 12.6 @ 110. A little disappointed because I wanted to see low 12's. However traction was an issue all night with freezing temps, and cruddy all-season tires.

hmm....110; that trap speed is about right for what you ran, in fact you ran pretty good for that trap. then again that car, with fuel and you in it, is probably not the lightest thing in the world.

what were your 60ft times?

hmm....110; that trap speed is about right for what you ran, in fact you ran pretty good for that trap. then again that car, with fuel and you in it, is probably not the lightest thing in the world.

what were your 60ft times?

The best I saw was a 1.9, on average it was a 2.0. Yeah if I go by the times of other forum members, on average I have to add a tenth just because I'm about 100lbs heavier than them lol. Average adult males are 180 not 280. (nervous)

thanks^^...it actually should be in the 12's now..i installed a GM BCS and retuned the car. makes a few more hp but a heck of alot more tq.

UPDATE: I just ran tonight, much better weather- over 60 degrees here in NJ. I pulled a 12.3 @ 111 with a 1.778 60ft. I'm very happy.

Next up- upper manifolds and a new tune. That should squeak me into the 11's!

Hey everyone- another update. Installed some more mods (manifolds, dual cai's, and ported y-pipe) and did a few runs this evening at my local track (Atco NJ).

I ended up with a 12.1 @ 112 w/ a 1.78 60'. A bit dissapointed I didn't see 11's yet however my tune is leaning out up top. Getting another tune and taking another shot at 11's.

PS Saw a Metro-Gray MS3 there tonight- was it a member here?

Btw, here are some shots of what my engine bay looks like now:

glensengine02.jpg

glensengine01.jpg

wow i love that car. that might actually be my next when i trade in my mazda 6. it would be nice to go from around 150 hp to around 330. theres one in my area with <20k miles for around 17500 i gotta save some dough though

where in south jersey you live? atco speedway is like 15 mins from me

Hey Katze, I'm from Williamstown- about 15 minutes from Atco as well. Where did you see the SRT6 for sale. I actually bought mine in Marlton (Mall Chrysler Suzuki) right across from the Morristown Mall. Paid 19k for it and it had 12k on the odo.

If you can afford it go for it! You will NOT be disappointed- best performance bang for the buck money can buy....and quite a rare vehicle to boot. I surprise a LOT of people at the track. :)

PS I iined up against a red Mazdaspeed6 tonight at the track. Nice looking car. I was surprised to best it's 60' time by a large margin considering it's AWD. Although my 0-60 is roughly 3.8 seconds.

Last edited:
well i go to college in towson md and it was located in virginia about 50 miles from towson. i was looking on cars.com just to browse around but im typing it in and no cars come up like for any make i think theres something wrong with that site now lol but they also listed it on ebay

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

id be willing to make the trip though haha

and yeah ive heard of williamstown

also have you had any major issues to date? and hows the maintenence costs? when i had my permit i drove my parents pacifica and i dont remember them having too much trouble with it but that was a pretty ugly thing

Last edited:
lol, I've actually looked at that SRT-6 as well. I try and keep a bead on them as they are incredible performance bargains. There are several people I know who are looking for a good deal on one. The one at Dulle's looks mint- if the Carfax checks out I say go for it. Plus the graphite color is beautiful in person- wait till you see it!

I haven't had any issues to day (minor, major, or otherwise) however the more mods I do the greater the possibility. I'm running about 400ft/lbs of torque at the crank. It dynoed at 360ft/lbs to the rear wheels.

Maintenance costs can be astronomical. We were installing similar mods on my friend's SRT-6 this afternoon and realized we were missing a passenger side valve cover gasket. I went and picked it up from Cherry Hill Mercedes (beings as the Crossfire and Crossfire SRT-6 are essentially a rebadges SLK32 AMG). The gasket alone cost $22.

Oil changes can be expensive as well. 8 quarts of 0-40 Mobile 1 isn't cheap. :)

However the thrill of driving it squelches all of the maintenance short-comings. I thought my Cobb Stage 2 STi was fast- this car would eat it's lunch.....even from a dig. The best part was- even with the mods it's over 13k cheaper than the STi. (thumb)

Back