Traction Control turned on and the car wouldnt accelerate, check engine turned on

Raffy

:
Mazda 6 Touring 2014
Hi all,

I was driving today and I got off the highway. The cars traction control turned on and the car would not accelerate. I basically rolled until I got out of traffics way. I hit the traction control off button and nothing happen. Stopped the car, put it into manual mode to see what gear I was in. The display on the dashboard didnt show it being in any gear. After that I put the car in to park and the car stopped. I turned off the car and turned it back on and the traction control turned off, but the check engine turned on. When I turned on the car again the car drives fine. Anyone have any input I can not get to the dealer because it is christmas and they are closed. I am afraid to drive the car now.

Thanks
Raffy

Was there any ice or roads were slippery? Not sure but usually traction control will turn on only when these conditions are met. You might wanna get it checked by the dealer if that's not the case.

Gotta pull the code and see what it is. A code reader is a necessary tool to have even if you have a warranty.

Back