Trackday Mini-Build

low_psi

Contributor
:
ms|slowtege #399
I have a track day coming up later this month, but the car needs a bit of work to be tip-top. I've been slowly ordering parts for a weekend thrash... here's what's already done:

-3" v-band exhaust to replace the 60mm JIC system
-Greddy boost gauge to replace the completely inaccurate Autometer unit
-17x8 Enkei RPF1s in matte black to replace my orange Rotas as track wheels
enkeir_rpf1_b_ci3_l.jpg

Parts that are ordered, collecting dust and waiting to be installed:

-DEI Reflective coverings for water crossover pipe and turbo oil/water lines
-New turbo and exhaust manifold gaskets
-AWR front endlinks that are the correct length
-Hardrace front control arms
-SS clutch line
-Bronzeoil shifter bushings
-Carbon rear bumper shield
-Reinstall Cusco camber plates
-Pull transmission cover and check shaft nuts
-Replace driver side axle seal
-Rebuild all four brake calipers
-Change rear brake pads
-Fluid changes

I'll put the car back on the dyno to check the air/fuel ratio and then get the scales ready to corner balance and align it.

Nothing too interesting but I'll have more pictures as the car gets together.

A little progress...

Put the car on the dyno and cleaned up the airfuel just a tad. At 7.5psi the car made just shy of 200whp. I'll post the dyno sheets as soon as I remember to email them to myself from work.

Also, mounted the tires onto the new wheels last week at my buddy's place. They fit ok, the rear fenders need a little more massaging. I may need to raise the car a bit before I go to the new/stiffer setup. Rear camber plates are a must now.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Instead of checking the transmission shaft nuts, I'm going to replace the clutch slave. Tried to bleed it last week and the pedal just got worse... The new one should be here in time to install with the new clutch line. Hopefully that'll fix the shifting issues I've been having.

I'll be tearing the car apart Saturday and finishing things on Sunday. Everything but the control arms should be ready to go.

Update

Got the following done this weekend:
-DEI Reflective coverings for water crossover pipe and turbo oil/water lines
-New turbo and exhaust manifold gaskets w/ lock nuts
-New OEM clutch slave cylinder
-SS clutch line
-Bronzeoil shifter bushings
-Trimmed AC-condensor bracket for better radiator airflow
-Reinstalled headlight intake

And a million little small things not worth mentioning. Also put the car up on the dyno and did a couple pulls. The car is running 6.5psi right now(run 20) whereas it was running 9psi on run 14.
965psi.jpg

When the control arms arrive in the mail, I'll finish up the suspension & brake stuff. My buddy is milling my camber plates for me, so I should be able to get atleast -3.5* up front now.

Last edited:
235/40/17s right now. Unless I run wheel spacers, that'll be as wide as I can get in the rear.

Back