Track Tips

hyck

:
Mazda 3i
In two weeks I will be going to the track, and that's the first time for me, so I wanted to ask you guys if there are some tips for first timers you guys can give me, if not if there is something on the net I can read a little. I tried to find something on the net, but I wasn't able to. Thanks

are you going to the track to run quarters, eigths or auto x your car? we need some more info here

if its autocross i have some tips and LOTS of sites for you to check out.... whatcha doin'?

Drag- Make sure you launch your car (Have your rpm's already in your powerband... ie mine is 3k) This helps with take off and shaves halves of seconds.

Auto X- No idea, ask racer :)

Check the Racing section and search for checklists. They'll give you a good idea of what to bring. A tire pressure gauge, helmet and water are must have items though. You'll want to remove all loose items inside the car so go ahead and clean it out before you get to the lot.

EDIT: Also find out your class before hand to make onsite registration faster. Bring some painters tape or magnets for numbers.

gwai1o said:
Also, don't hit the wall.

haha, fortunately most autocrossing is done around cones to eliminate the possibility of hitting walls. You should get up there early some places will let you run the course before they start racing on it, its nice to get to know the feel of it.

The autocross was a lot of fun, can't wait for the next one... here is a pic

Attachments

• mmm.jpg
    mmm.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 138
Back