TPMS randomly lost its memory

kjh1127

:
2014 CX-5 2.5L AWD
Anyone else have their TPMS beep at you for no reason and require a reset? I was driving a long and randomly the air pressure light illuminated. Got out, checked my tires, they were all 38psi. I don't know what would make the system think there was a error. I reset the TPMS, the light went off, and hasn't come on since. Just weird..

also had this happen, it beeped at me as the light in front was turning yellow. Almost ran a red as I didn't want to slam the brakes in-case i actually had a flat tire. Reset and is hasn't happened since, have had the suv for over two years now

It didn't "lose it's memory" it detected a change in diameter of one of the tires. The system is very stable when properly reset but resetting it when the tires have variances in temperature or slight pressure differences can cause it to have a hair trigger.

Properly set you will not have an issue with false alarms.

Just found this::::Mazda6 vehicles with VINs lower than JM1 GJ ****** 160470 (produced before November 21, 2013)After many months and 5 dealer trips, a case opened with Mazda, and threats over invoking the lemon law, my TPMS issues were resolved with the replacement of the DSC/HU unit that controls the TPMS stuff. My TPMS exhibited similar symptoms ever since delivery. Essentially the issue was the DSC/HU refusing to accept the "learned" information and reporting the TPMS light to indicate its refusal to learn. As most normal owners would, I checked pressure and reset using the button. Apparently, the button erases any and all diagnostic log information so if your problem continues, DON'T touch the button... take it to a dealer with the light on.Apparently there are general problems with some of these DSC/HU units, as there is a TSB on a similar subject that resolves with a replacement unit. It is TSB 02-001/14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back