2013~2016 CX-5 TPMS light stays on after filling up tires

:
2013 Mazda CX-5
Hi all. I have a 2013 CX-5. The other day I put air in all 4 tires. They were all just a few pounds low, nothing extreme. The next day, the TPMS Light came on and stayed on. I pushed and held the reset button and it went off but a couple of minutes later it came on again. When I got home, I rechecked the pressure on all 4 tires and they are all still full.

Does this mean one or more of the TPMS sensors are faulty?

There ARE no TPMS sensors on your car. The tire monitor system on the earlier models works by comparing the rotation of the wheels with each other and reports if it finds differences.

Reset it again. Maybe it is just confused.

Otherwise, you may have a wheel (rotational) sensor problem.

I would suspect the addition of air to all 4 tires is the culprit behind your TPMS lamp illumination. Likely your "reset" didn't "take" for some reason.

Try a reset again with engine off but in run mode (two presses of the start button no foot on brake) and parking brake on. Push and hold TPMS reset until it flashes twice then a beep. (I don't think the manual requires the e-brake on, I just always have)

If there was a sensing problem, I would think you'd be catching more lights such as ABS and possibly cruise control inop.

As mentioned above, there are no sensors in the wheels (or spare tire).
From google search:
"Indirect TPMS – This system uses the vehicle's ABS (anti-lock brake system) to approximate air pressure based on tire rotation speed. If one tire is spinning at a different rate than the others, it can indicate underinflation."
If there is a problem with one of your ABS sensors though, I would think you'd get the ABS light on the dash.

Thanks all. I tried pushing the button again tonight and this time it stayed off. My wife also told me that she had tried resetting it before and it came back on, I guess I somehow managed to do the right combination of steps to get it to stick. I’ll check again to make sure it doesn’t come back again. Hopefully this is a good sign that I don’t have to bring it in.

Hi all. I have a 2013 CX-5. The other day I put air in all 4 tires. They were all just a few pounds low, nothing extreme. The next day, the TPMS Light came on and stayed on. I pushed and held the reset button and it went off but a couple of minutes later it came on again. When I got home, I rechecked the pressure on all 4 tires and they are all still full.

Does this mean one or more of the TPMS sensors are faulty?
Read the “CAUTION” note:

5389724F-4A8C-4EC2-B6D8-28E93F1F070B.jpeg

BD51394F-342A-4F69-9C69-CFB9DD3773B3.jpeg

Back