Took my car to best buy

Dave2521

:
Black Mica Mazda 3
to have them install a Clifford Matrix RS2.5. They guy assured me that they will have it done today. He also said that if there was any trouble that he would call me right away. 5 hours go by, i get a call on my cell that my car is done. Go down to pick it up, and the guy starts explaining to me that they could not complete the install, what do you mean i asked, Well the door trigers done work and also the power door locks dont work. I was like and you guys didnt call me to tell me this before... No we thought we could get it fixed by the time we closed. I asked when they could have it fixed, the guy said that they didnt have the wire codes and that it could take anywhere from a day to two monthes to get them. I was mad by now, so i told them ok well if you could have the store manager call them tomorrow and then give me a call asap.

THEN
I get into my car and notice a wire hanging down near my clutch. I think nothing of it till i got home and noticed it was the hood popper, so i was like hmm, they couldnt even put that back together, oh well and i put it back in place myself. Then i open my glove box to put the papers from best buy in there, go to close it, doesnt close, keep trying still the same. so now im REALLY mad. I call them up but no one is in the department anymore. So the store manager is going to have an earfull tomorrow.

Best buy techs are certified right? yet they cant put back together the cars they work on correctly?

They're only certified by best buy. Usually its just a little computer training thing. I work at circuit city and one of our install guys is a moron too, but most of em know they're s***. Any big corporate place like that you go to, you kinda gotta take a gamble. Circuit city'll get you taken care of though.

its true, I've had great experiences with circuit city. Best Buy makes me a little uneasy when it comes to having them install stuff. I know most of the people that work there from either when i was in grade school, or in college, and alot of them shouldn't be installing anything, let alone trying to sell a tv...

Always make sure that your installer is MECP certified. No offense to the Circuit City, since I used to work their, but I have seen a number of those guys who haven't received their certs yet either. I personally would say a smaller stereo shop with quality guys on commission. Make sure the MECP is required, and when they are on commission, if it's not right the first time, they will lose money by having to have you back... I would not reccommend Best Buy to anyone, unless you know someone who really knows what they are doing that just happens to work there.

ha i used to work for bestbuy... i learned everything on my own. But its just liek anyshop... you might get the good installer or the installer learning on your car. I now currently work for circuit city and their training is actually training.... reading and taking tests before you can install..... where as bestbuy just says.. hey here work on this car. Circuit city still has crappy installers..... just always ask the supervior or manager to install your stuff... they will have the best expereience and know what they are doing....

also complaining with bestbuy does wonders... i bet they will take off alot of money... no joke just tell them you always shop there and this and that.... and tell them how their own workers dont know what they are doing and you will report them... that always make them JUMP

Yeah i plan to... i was going to go to circuit city for the install too, but the guy that was going to dothe install seemed like he didnt know anything, he didnt even know what a 3 was so i told them that ill come back when the guy knew his stuff :p. but my dad and I are going to call the store manager tomorrow and complain about all this crap etc. And im HOPING that they will either take off at least $50 or give me a gift card or something like that, cause i DO shop there alot, thats the only store i shop at for my computer/car stuff anymore.

Thanks for the input too guys, really helpful!

all those places suck..i worked for circuit city for a long time..then at tweeter after recieving my MECP..Only have a real shop install alarms and gear.

this is why I dont let anybody touch my car, that really sucks, I would ask for a refund ASAP
I would say take it to Tweeter if you have one down by you and have Bestbuy pay for it

Aricjm16 said:
this is why I dont let anybody touch my car, that really sucks, I would ask for a refund ASAP
I would say take it to Tweeter if you have one down by you and have Bestbuy pay for it
Well im going to let them finish the install and if i dont feel they did the best job that could be done, i will have them take it out and set the car back to what it was when i brought it in, and then ill take it to some place where i KNOW can install it with out any problems. I mean i know its a first year car, but if you dont think that you can get it to work why sell me the item and waste my time? right?

Dave2521 said:
Well im going to let them finish the install and if i dont feel they did the best job that could be done, i will have them take it out and set the car back to what it was when i brought it in, and then ill take it to some place where i KNOW can install it with out any problems. I mean i know its a first year car, but if you dont think that you can get it to work why sell me the item and waste my time? right?
Listen, be careful. Best Buy really sucks. Their gear is second rate at best, they don't have many qualified installers. At the shop I used to work at I ended up installing stuff for the installers at Best Buy when they didn't know what they were doing. Just be careful. And as a word of advice to all Mazda 3 bretheren, stay away from Best Buy!!

low prices can usually relate to low quality service. I will not take my car anywhere anymore unless I know someone that has gone there or if I know the person.

Wow I am really soryy to hear about that. I would go crazy on someone if they did that to my car. I wonder if they knew what they were really doing??

AXPSPOT said:
low prices can usually relate to low quality service. I will not take my car anywhere anymore unless I know someone that has gone there or if I know the person.

BINGO!

Take your car somewhere else to see how much damage has already been done. If the guy didn't know what he was doing and distroyed the cars wiring. It could void the Mazda warranty on the entire electrical system. If you wait and find out later from Mazda you may not be able to go after Best Buy for the damages. I'm probaly the OLD MAN of this forum and I have had some really things happen with cars. Don't get screwd!

On a differnt note I'm new to this baord this is my first post. I picked up my M3 about two months ago it just turn 5K miles.

Ken

Dave2521 said:
to have them install a Clifford Matrix RS2.5. They guy assured me that they will have it done today. He also said that if there was any trouble that he would call me right away. 5 hours go by, i get a call on my cell that my car is done. Go down to pick it up, and the guy starts explaining to me that they could not complete the install, what do you mean i asked, Well the door trigers done work and also the power door locks dont work. I was like and you guys didnt call me to tell me this before... No we thought we could get it fixed by the time we closed. I asked when they could have it fixed, the guy said that they didnt have the wire codes and that it could take anywhere from a day to two monthes to get them. I was mad by now, so i told them ok well if you could have the store manager call them tomorrow and then give me a call asap.

THEN
I get into my car and notice a wire hanging down near my clutch. I think nothing of it till i got home and noticed it was the hood popper, so i was like hmm, they couldnt even put that back together, oh well and i put it back in place myself. Then i open my glove box to put the papers from best buy in there, go to close it, doesnt close, keep trying still the same. so now im REALLY mad. I call them up but no one is in the department anymore. So the store manager is going to have an earfull tomorrow.

Best buy techs are certified right? yet they cant put back together the cars they work on correctly?

go back to best buy and thell the their installer is an idiot.

12v: red (column)

ignition: green/yellow (column)

starter: grey/black (column)

Parking lights: black/white (at switch in column)--negative

Lock: lightgreen/red (drivers kick)-- negative trigger through a 249 ohm resistor

Unlock: same wire --negative trigger
MUST use relays

door pin/domelight: (at ps fusebox-large plug) Black/lightblue --negative

It took me all of 15 minutes to find all the wires necessary to install my alarm.

Last edited:
ssinstaller said:
go back to best buy and thell the their installer is an idiot.

Lock: lightgreen/red (drivers kick)-- negative trigger through a 249 ohm resistor
Unlock: same wire --negative trigger
MUST use relays

door pin/domelight: (at ps fusebox-large plug) Black/lightblue --negative

It took me all of 15 minutes to find all the wires necessary to install my alarm.
DO you have the cutsheet for it all or a list of locations and colors so I can make it a sticky?

Latest posts

Back